Help310:Components Tags Manager
From Joomla! Documentation
Provides an overview of the Tags available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete Tags.
How to Access
- Select Components → Tags from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel.
In the table containing tags, these are the different columns as shown below. Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Ordering. Up-Down Arrows. User specified ordering, default is order of tags creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more tags. To select all tags, check the box in the column heading. Note: Many toolbar actions can work with multiple tags.
- Status. Published or Unpublished are shown. Click on the green check mark or the red circle in the Status column to toggle between Published and Unpublished.
- Title. The name of the tag. You can open the tag for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this tag. You can change an tag's Access Level by clicking on its Title to open it up for editing.
- Language. Tag's language. If you are not using the multi-language feature of Joomla, default is 'All'.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this tag assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the tag internally, and you cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 dropdown input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to 'Ordering ascending') and a number (preset to '20') to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the dropdown field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Ordering ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- Number of tags to display. Shows the number of tags to display on one page, default is 20 tags. If there are more tags than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons to navigate between pages.
The List Filters are a series of controls that let you limit what tags show in the screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only tags that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Filter by Partial Title or ID
In the upper left is a search field and 2 buttons.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click 'Search'
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:29").
- Click 'Clear' to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Above the column headings, there are 5 dropdown list boxes.
Filter by Status
Lets you show only tags with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Show only tags that are Published and Unpublished.
- Trashed: Show only tags that are Trashed. Quick Tip: Permanently delete tags
- Unpublished: Show only tags that are Unpublished.
- Published: Show only tags that are Published.
- Archived: Show only tags that are Archived.
- All: Show all tags regardless of published status.
Filter by Access
Lets you show only tags that have a specified viewing access level. The list box will show the access levels defined for your site.
- - Select Access -: Show tags with any viewing access level.
- Public: Show only tags with this viewing access level.
- Guest: Show only tags with this viewing access level.
- Registered: Show only tags with this viewing access level.
- Special: Show only tags with this viewing access level.
- Super Users: Show only tags with this viewing access level.
Filter by Language
Lets you show only tags that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined for your site.
- - Select Language -: Show tags for any language.
- All: Show tags set for 'All' languages.
- English (en-GB): Show tags only for this language.
Filter by Max Levels (Tag Level)
Lets you show only tags at or above the specified level in the hierarchy.
- - Select Max Levels -: Show all tags.
- 1: Show only tags at the top level in the hierarchy (in other words, whose parent is '- No Parent -').
- 2: Show only tags in the top and 2nd levels in the hierarchy.
- 3: Show only tags in the top, 2nd and 3rd levels in the hierarchy.
- 4 … 8
- 9: Show only tags in the top, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 levels in the hierarchy.
- 10: Show only tags in 10 levels in the hierarchy.
Filter by Tag Type Select the Tag Type from the dropdown list box of available Tag Types. Available tags are components in which tags are defined.
- - Select Tag Type -: Shows all Tag Types.
- [tag type]: Shows only tags for a specific Tag Type.
Page Controls. When the number of tags is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new tag.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected tag. If more than one tag is selected (where applicable), only the first tag will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the tag.
- Publish. Makes the selected tag available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected tag unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected tag to indicate that they are archived. Archived tag can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the tag to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-in. Checks-in the selected tag. Works with one or multiple tag selected.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected tag. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected tag to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed tag can still be recovered by selecting 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter and changing the status of the tag to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed tag, select 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter, select the tag to be permanently deleted, then click the 'Empty Trash' toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
The Batch Process allows a change in settings for a group of selected tags marked with a check-mark in the corresponding check-mark boxes. To use: select one or more tags form the table of tags being viewed and click on the 'Batch' Toolbar button. This will open a pop up window as shown below.
You can change one value or all values at one time.
How to Batch Process a group of tags:
- Select one or more tags on the list by selecting the desired checkbox(es).
- Click the 'Batch' Toolbar button.
- Set one or more of the following values:
- To change the Language, select the desired language from the Set Language list box.
- To change the Access Levels, select the desired new access level from the Set Access Level list box.
- 4. When all of the settings are entered, click on Process to perform the changes. A message "Batch process completed successfully." will show. Note: Nothing will happen if you don't have any tags selected.
If you wish to clear your entered selections, click on the 'Cancel' button. Note: This does not uncheck the check boxes for the tags.
- To permanently delete tags: