Extensions Extension Manager Manage
From Joomla! Documentation
This screen allows you to Enable/Disable extensions. In addition you can uninstall extensions from this screen as well.
How to Access
Select Extensions → Manage → Manage from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
In the table containing Extensions, these are the different columns shown below. Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items.
- Status. A green check mark or a red circle showing whether the use of the extension is enabled/disabled. Click the icon to toggle the item between enabled and disabled. A lock indicates a protected Extension.
- Name. The name of the extension.
- Location. Specifies if this is a site or administrator extension.
- Type. The extension type. Some examples of extension types are module, plug-in, template, language or package.
- Version. The version number of the Extension.
- Date. The date this extension was released.
- Author. The author of this extension.
- Folder. If the extension is a plug-in, the subdirectory of your Joomla! installation's /plugins directory where the extension is located. By default Joomla! has the following subdirectories in the plugins directory which each represent the different types of plug-ins that are defined: authentication, content, editors, editors-xtd, extension, search, system, user.
- Package ID. The Package ID number. This is a unique identification number for this package assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the package internally. You cannot change this number.
- Id. The ID number. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, for example in internal links. You cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 drop down input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to Name ascending) and a number (preset to 20) to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Order. Order items will be displayed in.
- Ascending Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # Shows the number of items to display on one page. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
The list of extensions which appears on this screen may be very large. You can use one of the available filters or any combination of them to limit the number of extensions displayed to just the extensions which match your filter parameters.
Search Tools Above the table is a filter or search field and two buttons, as shown below.
- To filter in title, enter part of the title and click Search icon.
- Click Clear to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- To enable more Filters, click on Search Tools.
Filter by Status
- - Select Status -. Select the status of Extensions from the drop-down list box.
- Disabled. Installed extensions that are not activated.
- Enabled. Installed extensions that are activated
- Protected. Installed extensions that are protected. Extensions of this type can not be uninstalled or disabled.
- Unprotected. Installed extensions that are unprotected. Extensions of this type can be uninstalled, enabled or disabled.
Filter by Location
- - Select Location -. Select an extension client from the drop-down list box of available locations.
- Site. Site extensions are extensions which are designed for use in areas outside of the administrator interface.
- Administrator. Administrator extensions are for the back-end administrative functions of your Joomla! installation. Usually you would only directly interact with these extensions through the administrator web interface.
Filter by Type
- - Select Type -. Select the extension type from the drop-down list box of available types.
Filter by Folder
- - Select Folder -. Select a plug-in folder from the drop-down list box of available folders. There is a separate folder for each type of plug-in defined in your installation of Joomla.
Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Enable. Makes the selected extension(s) available for use on your website.
- Disable. Makes the selected extension(s) unavailable for use on your website.
- Refresh cache. Refresh the information displayed for the selected extension(s).
- Uninstall: Uninstall the selected extension(s).
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Throughout the administrator interface of Joomla you will see the terms "Publish" and "Unpublish". Publish means the same thing as Enable or Activate. Unpublish means the same thing as Disable or Deactivate. You may see the terms used interchangeably in extension screens and help documentation you find online.
- Some information such as Date or Author may not be displayed for an extension. This is not a problem. It merely means the information was not specified by the extension developer in the extension's installation package.