Extensions Template Manager Templates
From Joomla! Documentation
The Template Manager: Templates screen allows you to preview and edit templates which are installed in your Joomla installation.
How to Access
- Click the Templates button in the Control Panel or
- Select Extensions → Templates → Templates from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Image. Thumbnail of the template.
- Template. The name of the template.
- Version. The version number of the item.
- Date. The date the item was created by the developer.
- Author. The developer of the template.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 drop-down input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to 'Template ascending') and a number (preset to '20') to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop-down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Order. Order Templates will be displayed in.
- Ascending Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # Shows the number of Templates to display on one page. If there are more Templates than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
Site and Administrator filter
At the top left you will see the following filter:
- Site. Filters on Site Templates. This is the default selection and allows you to manage the Templates for the frontend of the web site.
- Administrator. This allows you to manage the Templates for the backend administration of the web site.
Filter by Partial Title or ID. In the upper left is a filter or search field and two buttons, as shown below.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click Search.
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Click 'Clear' to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
To edit templates styles: Template Manager: Styles