Help310:Menus Menu Item External URL
From Joomla! Documentation
Used to create an external or internal URL in a menu.
How To Access
To create a new URL Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the URL Menu Item link under System Links.
To edit an existing URL Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
These are the required settings:
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Item Type: The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
- Link. The internal or external URL (of the web page address using which includes the https:// prefix). Examples: https://www.thedomainname.com or https://www.thedomainname.com/morehelp.html
- Menu. Shows which menu the link will appear in.
How the target of the link is controlled:
- Target Window. This determines how the new page will be opened. Options are:
- Parent: Open new menu item in parent window. This is the default.
- New Window With Navigation: Open menu item in a new window with full browser navigation (for example, "back" button).
- New Without Navigation: Open menu item in a new window without browser navigation.
See Menu Item Manager: Edit/New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types which includes:
Module Assignments Tab
Make sure you include the full URL path.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.