Menus Menu Item Separator
From Joomla! Documentation
(Redirected from Help310:Menus Menu Item Text Separator)
Used to provide a way to separate links with text in a menu. Some uses might be to give a title to a group of links or allow a short description before each link or groups of links. See the Front End Example screenshot below.
How to Access
Add a new menu item 'Separator'
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] → Add New Menu Item from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel
- Select System Links → Separator in the modal popup window.
Edit an existing menu item 'Separator'
- Click on the menu item's Title in the Menu Manager.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- Menu Title. The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Item Type. The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
- Menu. Shows which menu the menu item will appear in.
Link Type Tab
- Link Class. An optional class to apply to the menu hyperlink.
- Link Image. Select an image to use with 'Menu Title'. Use 'Add Menu Title' set to 'No' to show just image.
- Image Class. The class which is added to the image (src tag).
- Add Menu Title. If optional image is selected, shows a 'Menu Title' next to image. Default is 'Yes'.
- Display in Menu. Select 'No' if you want to exclude this menu item from displaying in the menu. Note any submenu items will also be hidden.
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Front End Screenshot
Example Front End Site images are generic images using Joomla! core installation supplied free Front End Templates. The actual view can depend on the installed custom template used and the template's style for those views on a Joomla! website.
It is possible to use an image as a Text Separator. Since a Menu Title is required, to use only image as a separator, the Menu Title can be a "space".