Menus Menu Manager Edit/id
From Joomla! Documentation
This is where you can
- Add a new menu.
- Edit an existing menu.
How to Access
Add a new Menu
- Click the New button in the toolbar.
Edit an existing Menu
- Click on an Menu's Title.
- Check the Menu's Checkbox
- Click the Edit button in the toolbar.
- Title. The title of the menu to display in the Administrator Menubar and lists.
- Menu Type. The system name of the menu.
- Description. A description about the purpose of the menu.
- Client. Select if this Menu is to be used in the Site or the Administrator.
Manage the permission settings for user groups.
- Access Administration Interface. Users can access user administration interface of menu.
- Create. Users can create content of menu.
- Delete. Users can delete content of menu.
- Edit. Users can edit content of menu.
- Edit State. Users can change the published state and related information for content of menu.
- 3. Select the desired Permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited: Inherited for users in this Group from the menu options permissions of this site.
- Allowed: Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied: Denied for users in this Group.
- 4. Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu. Does not affect the current menu. Note: This toolbar icon is only shown if you edit an existing menu.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Hover your mouse over the labels before the input box, and extra information will be shown.
- If you forgot to create a module for this menu, you can do so
- It is a good idea to give a descriptive title for new menus. This is how the menu will be identified in the Backend Menus menu. It is also a good idea to fill in the Description field with information about the menu. This is how the menu's module will be referred to in the Module Manager.
- When you create a new menu, use only alphanumeric characters without spaces in the Unique Name field. It is a good idea to use only a-z, 0-9 and underscore (_) characters. Please read the tooltips as well.