Users User Notes/id
From Joomla! Documentation
Provides an overview of the User notes available on a Joomla site. The screen is used to find, add, edit and delete User notes. User notes are pieces of information which can be assigned to registered users. These notes can contain for example comments about 'offending' users.
How to Access
- Click the Users button in the Control Panel
- Select User Notes in the left sidebar.
- Select Users → User Notes from the dropdown menu of the Administrator Panel.
In the table containing user notes, these are the different columns as shown below. Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more user notes. To select all user notes, check the box in the column heading. Note: Many toolbar actions can work with multiple user notes.
- Status. Published or Unpublished are shown. Click on the green check mark or the red circle in the Status column to toggle between Published and Unpublished.
- Subject. The subject of the user note.
- User. The name of the user.
- Review Date. The date when the user note was created.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this user notes assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the user notes internally, and you cannot change this number.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 dropdown input fields, Sort Table By: (preset to 'Review Date descending') and a number (preset to '20') to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the dropdown field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon (up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Review Date descending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- Number of user notes to display. Shows the number of user notes to display on one page, default is 20 user notes. If there are more user notes than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons to navigate between pages.
The List Filters are a series of controls that let you limit what user notes show in the screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only user notes that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Filter by Partial Title or ID
In the upper left is a search field and 2 buttons.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click 'Search'
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:29").
- Click 'Clear' to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Above the column headings, there are 3 dropdown list boxes.
Filter by Status
Lets you show only user notes with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Show only user notes that are Published and Unpublished.
- Trashed: Show only user notes that are Trashed. Quick Tip: Permanently delete user notes
- Unpublished: Show only user notes that are Unpublished.
- Published: Show only user notes that are Published.
- Archived: Show only user notes that are Archived.
- All: Show all user notes regardless of published status.
Filter by Category
Lets you show only user notes assigned to a specific category. The list box will show the categories defined for your site.
- - Select Category -: Show user notes assigned to any category.
- Uncategorised: Show only user notes assigned to this category.
Filter by Max Levels (User notes Level)
Lets you show only user notes at or above the specified level in the hierarchy.
- - Select Max Levels -: Show all user notes.
- 1: Show only user notes at the top level in the hierarchy (in other words, whose parent is '- No Parent -').
- 2: Show only user notes in the top and 2nd levels in the hierarchy.
- 3: Show only user notes in the top, 2nd and 3rd levels in the hierarchy.
- 4 … 8
- 9: Show only user notes in the top, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 levels in the hierarchy.
- 10: Show only user notes in 10 levels in the hierarchy.
Page Controls. When the number of user notes is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top left you will see the toolbar.
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new user note.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected user notes. If more than one user notes is selected (where applicable), only the first user notes will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the user notes.
- Publish. Makes the selected user notes available to administrators of your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected user notes not available to administrators of your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected user notes to indicate that they are archived. Archived user notes can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the user notes to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-in. Checks-in the selected user notes. Works with one or multiple user notes selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected user notes to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed user notes can still be recovered by selecting 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter and changing the status of the user notes to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed user notes, select 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter, select the user notes to be permanently deleted, then click the 'Empty Trash' toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- To permanently delete user notes:
- Change the status of the user notes to Trashed.
- Change the Status filter to Trashed. At this point the trashed user notes will show and the Empty trash button will show in the toolbar.
- Select the desired trashed user notes and click on Empty trash in the toolbar. The user notes will be permanently deleted.
Click on the subject to edit the user note properties.