Extensions Module Manager Admin Menu
This module shows the main administrator menu module.
How to Access
To 'add' a new administrator Admin Menu module or 'edit' an existing administrator Admin Menu module, navigate to the Module Manager, then switch to Administrator from Site:
- Select Extensions → Module Manager
- Click Administrator to switch list from site modules to a list of administrator modules
Click the 'New' button and click on administrator Admin Menu in the modal popup window.
To 'Edit' an existing administrator Admin Menu module, in the Module Manager click on the Admin Menu Module's Title or click the Admin Menu module's check box and then click the Edit button in the Toolbar.
- Title: Module must have a title
This module shows the main admin navigation module
- Title. The title of the module. This is also the title displayed in the front end for the module depending on the Show Title Form Field
- Show Title. (Show/Hide) Choose whether to show or hide the modules title in the front end. The title will be the one in the Form Field above.
- Module Position. Choose the module position you wish this module to be displayed in. A custom module position can be entered for use with the load position plugin or the position button can be pressed to select a module position from the template.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this item.
- Module Ordering. This shows a drop down of every module in the position that the current module is in. This is the order that the modules will display in when displayed on in the front end as well as in the Module Manager.
- Start Publishing. Date and time to start publishing. Use this field if you want to enter content ahead of time and then have it published automatically at a future time.
- Finish Publishing. Date and time to finish publishing. Use this field if you want to have content automatically changed to Unpublished state at a future time (for example, when it is no longer applicable).
- Language. Item language.
- Note. Item note. This is normally for the site administrator's use (for example, to document information about this item) and does not show in the front end of the site.
- Delete: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). Allow or deny Delete for users in the Public group. Delete Allows users in the group to delete any content in this extension.
- Edit: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). Allow or deny Edit for users in the Public group. Edit Allows users in the group to edit any content in this extension.
- Edit State: (Inherited/Allowed/Denied). Allow or deny Edit State for users in the Public group. Edit State Allows users in the group to change the state of any content in this extension.
<translate> At the top left you will see the toolbar:</translate>
<translate> The functions are:</translate> <translate>
- Save: Saves the module and stays in the current screen.</translate>
- Save & Close: Saves the module and closes the current screen.</translate>
- Save & New: Saves the module and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another module.</translate>
- Save as Copy: Saves your changes to a copy of the current module. Does not affect the current module. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new module.</translate>
- Cancel/Close: Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.</translate>
- Help: Opens this help screen.</translate>