Menus Menu Item Newsfeed Single Newsfeed
How To Access
To create a new Single News Feed Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Single News Feed Menu Item link under Newsfeeds link.
To edit an existing Single News Feeds Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a single RSS News Feed. The News Feed is selected from the list of News Feeds created in New/Edit News Feeds.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
This layout requires a category selection. This is done in the list box shown above in the screenshot. Select the desired top-level category. All child categories can be shown in the selected category if sub categories are selected to be shown in the 'Category Options' Tab.
- Feed. The News Feed for this page. Select one of the available News Feeds from the drop-down menu. News Feeds are added using the News Feed Edit/New.
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.
- Parent Item: The menu that this menu item (choice) will be part of. The menus defined for the site will show in the list box.
Advanced Details Tab
Feed Display Options
The List All Categories Layout has the following Feed Display Options, as shown below.
The List All News Feed Categories Layout has the following Feed Display Options, as shown below. In addition to Yes/No or Hide/Show, these options allow the "Use Global" setting. This uses the default value from News Feeds Manager Options.
The Feed Display Options are as follows.
- Feed Image. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Hide or Show the image of the News Feed.
- Feed Description. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Hide or Show the description text of the News Feed.
- Feed Content. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Show or hide the content of News Feeds.
- Show Tags. Show the tags for a news feed.
- Characters count. Number of characters to show if Feed Content from News Feeds is set to show.
- Feed display order. (Use Global/Most recent first/Oldest first) Select the feed display order, most recent first, oldest first, or Global, the setting in News Feeds Options.
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- You can set the News Feed options in two places.
- Categories are created using Category Manager: Edit A Newsfeeds Category.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Newsfeeds Categories||News Feed Categories allow you to categorize different website feeds entering your site for better organization.|
|Components Newsfeeds Categories Edit||The New/Edit page for the News Feeds Category Manager is a create/edit screen that allows website administrators to create or edit News Feed Categories. Categories allow a broken down structure of News Feeds. You must have at least one category before you can create any News Feeds!|
|Components Newsfeeds Feeds||The News Feed Manager screen allows you to add News Feeds from other sites to your Joomla! site. You can add links to these feeds for users by creating News Feed layouts in Menu Item Manager - New/Edit.|
|Components Newsfeeds Feeds Edit||This is where you add a new News Feed or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one News Feed Category before you can create your first News Feed.|
|Menus Menu Item Newsfeed Categories||Used to show a list of all RSS News Feed Categories. Categories are shown in a hierarchical list, as shown below. Depending on the selected options for this layout, you can click on a category Title to show the News Feeds in that category.|
|Menus Menu Item Newsfeed Category||Used to show a list of all RSS News Feeds in a Category. Depending on the selected options for this layout, you can include subcategories of a News Feed category.|