Menus Menu Manager Edit
You can add or modify menus in this screen.
How to access
Go to the Menu Manager by clicking on the Menu(s) icon in the Control Panel, or by clicking on Menus → Manage. After that, click on the New button in the toolbar, or select a menu and click on the Edit button.
- Title: The title of the menu to display in the Administrator Menubar and lists.
- Menu type: The system name of the menu.
- Description. A description about the purpose of the menu.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the menu and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Hover your mouse over the labels before the input box, and extra information will be shown.
- If you forgot to create a module for this menu, you can do so by using the Module Manager, found by going to Extensions → Modules. Click on New, and then on Menu. Fill in a title and select the Menu in the Module Parameters.
- It is a good idea to give a descriptive title for new menus. This is how the menu will be identified in the Backend Menus menu. It is also a good idea to fill in the Description field with information about the menu. This is how the menu's module will be referred to in the Module Manager.
- When you create a new menu, use only alphanumeric characters without spaces in the Unique Name field. It is a good idea to use only a-z, 0-9 and underscore (_) characters. Please read the tooltips as well.