Components Finder Manage Search Filters Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
How to access
From the administrator area, select Components → Smart Search from the drop-down menu of the Administration screen, then click on the Search filters menu bar item. This will show a list of the current search filters. Click on the New or Edit toolbar icons to show this screen.
- Smart Search was introduced in Joomla 3.0 but is not enabled by default in that version.
- If you are new to Smart Search then you should read the Smart Search quickstart guide.
This screen allows you to create a new search filter or amend an existing one.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the search filter and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the search filter and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the search filter and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another search filter.
- Cancel/Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.