Menus Menu Item Weblink Submit
How To Access
To create a new Submit a Web Link Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Submit a Web Link Menu Item link under Weblinks link.
To edit an existing Submit a Web Link Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a Web Link submission form in Front End (website) allowing users with permission to submit Web Links.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.
- Parent Item: The menu that this menu item (choice) will be part of. The menus defined for the site will show in the list box.
Advanced Details Tab
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Front End Screenshot
Example Front End Site images are generic images using Joomla! core installation supplied free Front End Templates. The actual view can depend on the installed custom template used and the template's style for those views on a Joomla! website.
The following are available form fields when submitting a Web Link on the Front End. Title, Category and URL are required fields.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when SEF is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Non-Latin characters can be allowed in the alias if you set the Unicode Aliases option to Yes in Global Configuration. If this option is set to No and the title includes non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time (for example "2012-12-31-17-54-38").
- Category. The Category this item belongs to.
- URL. Field to enter a URL (web page address).
- Tags. Enter one or more optional tags for this item. You can select existing tags by entering in the first few letters. You may also create new tags by entering them here. Tags allow you to see lists of related items across content types (for example, articles, contacts, and categories).
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item. *Note: Trashed is not an available option because the Web Link does not exist yet. The only options are Published or Unpublished when submitting a new Web Link.
- Language. Item language.
- Description. The description for the item. Category, Subcategory and Web Link descriptions may be shown on web pages, depending on the parameter settings. These descriptions are entered using the same editor that is used for Articles.
- For use of the Toggle editor button, see Editor Buttons.
- You can set the Web Link options in two places.
- Categories are created using Category Manager: Edit A Web Links Category.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Weblinks Categories||The Web Links Category Manager is where you can edit existing Web Links Categories and create new ones. Note that Web Links Categories are separate from other Categories, such as Categories for Articles, Banners, News Feeds, and Contacts. From this screen, you can also navigate to the Web Links Manager screen.|
|Components Weblinks Categories Edit||This is where you can add a new Web Link Category or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Web Link Category before you can create a Web Link. Also, Web Link Categories are separate from other types of Categories, such as those for Articles, Banners, and News Feeds.|
|Components Weblinks Links||The Weblinks Manager allows you to add, edit and remove links to other web sites on your Joomla! web site, and organize them into categories. You can then display these links on your site, and optionally let visitors add new links.|
|Components Weblinks Links Edit||This is where you add a new Web Link or edit an existing one. Note that you need to create at least one Web Links Category before you can create your first Web Link.|
|Extensions Module Manager Weblinks||The Weblinks module will display weblinks from within the Weblinks component.|
|Menus Menu Item Weblink Categories||Used to show a list of all Web Link Categories. Categories are shown in a hierarchical list, as shown below. Depending on the selected options for this layout, you can click on a category Title to show the Web Links in that category.|
|Menus Menu Item Weblink Category||Used to show a list of Web Links in a Category. Categories are shown in a hierarchical list, parent with child (sub) categories. Depending on the selected layout options, click on a category Title to show the Web Links in that category or sub categories.|