Users Debug Groups
From Joomla! Documentation
View the permissions for any group.
The Debug Permissions report maps out the exact permissions for any given user group across all assets on your Joomla installation.
How to access
Select Users → User Groups → 'click' Debug Permissions Report under a specific group from the user groups list on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation when System Debug is enabled in the Global Configuration.
In the table containing the assets from your Joomla! site, you will see different columns. For each asset the permission for this group is shown, color coded as per legend.
- Asset Title. The asset as we know it.
- Asset Name. The asset as known internally.
- Site Login. Permission to login at the front-end.
- Admin Login. Permission to login at the back-end.
- Offline Access. Permission to login while site is off-line.
- Super User. Permission to be considered Super User.
- Access Administration Interface. Permission to configure the component.
- Create. Permission to create assets.
- Delete. Permission to delete assets.
- Edit. Permission to edit assets.
- Edit State. Permission to change the state of an asset.
- Edit Own. Permission to edit assets created by visitor.
- LFT. The left and right values in the hierarchy. See Using_nested_sets.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Filter by Assets
- Search Assets. In the upper left is a Search field and two buttons, as shown below.
Enter part of the asset name and press the Search to find matching assets. Press Reset to clear the search field and restore the list of assets.
Filter by Component, Start Level and End Level
In the upper right, above the column headings, are three drop-down list boxes as shown below.
- Component. Filter by any installed component in Joomla.
- Start Level.
- End Level.
Page Controls: When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top right you will see the toolbar:
The function is:
- Help. Opens this help screen.