Components Banners Clients
From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to add or edit banner clients.
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Clients from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel. You can also select the 'Clients' menu link from the Banner Categories Manager, Banner Manager or the Banner Tracks Manager.
The Banner Client Manager is where you can edit existing Banner Clients or create new ones. Note that you must have at least one Banner Client and one Banner Category defined before you can add your first Banner.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox: Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Client. The Client for this Banner. Clients are entered using the Banner Client Manager.
- Contact. The Contact for this Client.
- Published: Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Unpublished: Whether and how many items has been unpublished. You see the Unpublished items by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Archived: Whether and how many items has been archived. You see the Archived items by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Trashed: Whether and how many items has been trashed. You see the Trashed items by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Purchase Type. The banner purchase type of the client. This is used to indicate how the client purchased the display time for their banners - monthly, yearly, etc...
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Ordering: (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.
- Ascending (default). Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
- To filter in title, enter part of the title and click Search.
- Click Clear to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- To enable more Filters, click on Search Tools
Filter by Status or Type
Filter by Published Status. Lets you show only items with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Shows items that are Published and Unpublished. Does not show items that are Trashed or Archived.
- Trashed: Shows only items that are Trashed. Important Note: To permanently delete items:
- Change the status of the items to Trashed.
- Change the Status filter to Trashed. At this point the trashed items will show and an icon called "Empty trash" will show in the toolbar.
- Select the desired trashed items and click on "Empty Trash" in the toolbar. The items will be permanently deleted.
- Unpublished: Shows only items that are Unpublished.
- Published: Shows only items that are Published.
- Archived: Shows only items that are Archived.
- All: Shows all items regardless of published status.
Filter by Purchase Type
- Select Type. Select the Purchase Type from the drop-down list box of available Purchase Types.
Number of Items to Display
Below the list you'll find:
Page Controls: When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new client.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected client. If more than one client is selected (where applicable), only the first client will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the client.
- Publish. Makes the selected client available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected client unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected client to indicate that they are archived. Archived client can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the client to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected client. Works with one or multiple client selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected client to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed client can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the client to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed client, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the client to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
At the left sidebar, you will see the following four links:
- Banners. Click this link to go to the Banners Manager page.
- Categories. Click this link to go to the Banner Category Manager page.
- Clients. This link is disabled, since you are already in the Clients page.
- Tracks. Click this link to go to the Banner Tracks Manager page.