Components Search Manager Options
From Joomla! Documentation
How to Access
- Click the Global Configuration button in the Control Panel and click the Search button on left side panel, or
- Select Components → Search → Options from the drop-down menus.
- Gather Search Statistics. (Yes/No) Record the search phrases submitted by visitors.
- Use Search Options. (Yes/No) Show the search options.
- Use Search Areas. (Yes/No) Show the search areas checkboxes.
- Created Date. (Show/Hide) Show Created Date
- OpenSearch Name. Name displayed for this site as a search provider.
- OpenSearch Description. Description displayed for this site as a search provider.
To change the permissions for this extension, do the following.
- Select the Group by clicking its title located on the left.
- Find the desired Action. Possible Actions are:
- Configure ACL & Optons. Users can edit the options and persimissions of this extension.
- Configure Optons Only. Users can edit the options exept the persimissions of this extension.
- Access Administration Interface. Users can access user administration interface of this extension.
- Create: Users can create content of this extension.
- Delete: Users can delete content of this extension.
- Edit: Users can edit content of this extension.
- Edit State: User can change the published state and related information for content of this extension.
- Edit Own: Users can edit own created content of this extension.
- Select the desired permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited: Inherited for users in this Group from the Global Configuration permissions of this extension.
- Allowed: Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied: Denied for users in this Group.
- Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the Search Options settings and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the Search Options settings and closes the current screen.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.