Components Fields Fields/fr
From Joomla! Documentation
How to Access
To add a new field for articles, users or contacts, navigate to the backend of the site and perform one of these actions:
- Click the Article Manager icon in the Control Panel and click the Fields link.
- Select Content → Articles from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel and click the Fields link.
- Click the Fields link while viewing the Category Manager or Featured Articles in the left, upper sidebar.
- Click the Users Manager icon in the Control Panel and click the Fields link.
- Select Users → Manage from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel and click the Fields link.
- Click the Fields link while viewing the User Groups, Viewing Access Levels, User Notes or User Notes Categories in the left, upper sidebar.
- Select Components → Contacts from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel and click the Fields link.
- Click the Fields link while viewing the Contact Categories or in the left, upper sidebar.
This is the back-end screen where you can add and edit Fields.
- Ordering: Up-Down Arrows User specified ordering, default is order of item creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.
- Checkbox: Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Title. The name of the item. For a Menu Item, the Title will display in the Menu. For an Article or Category, the Title may optionally be displayed on the web page. This entry is required. You can open the item for editing by clicking on the Title.
- Type. The Type of the Custom Field.
- Calendar: calendar field.
- Checkboxes: checkboxes field.
- Colour: color field.
- Editor: editor field.
- Integer: integer field.
- List: list field.
- List of images: imagelist field.
- Media: media field.
- Radio: radio field.
- Repeatable: repeatable field.
- SQL: sql field.
- Text: text field.
- Text Area: textarea field.
- URL: url field.
- User: user field.
- User Groups: usergrouplist field.
- Field Group. The Field Group this item belongs to.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this item.
- Language. Item language.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 drop down input fields, Sort Table by: (preset to Ordering ascending) and a number (preset to 20) to display.
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field.
- Order. Order items will be displayed in.
- Ascending Shows ordering of selected column, ascending or descending.
- # (default is 20). Shows the number of items to display on one page, default is 20 items. If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons located at the bottom of the table. (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages.
The Batch Process allows a change in settings for a group of selected fields marked with a check-mark in the corresponding check-mark boxes. To use: select one or more fields form the table of fields being viewed and click on the 'Batch' Toolbar button. This will open a pop up window as shown below.
You can change one value or all values at one time.
Note: if you copy items to a new category, changes you have selected from language and access level will be applied to the copies, not the original.
How to Batch Process a group of fields:
- Select one or more fields on the list by selecting the desired checkbox(es).
- Click the 'Batch' Toolbar button.
- Set one or more of the following values:
- To change the Language, select the desired language from the Set Language list box.
- To change the Access Levels, select the desired new access level from the Set Access Level list box.
- To change the Field Group, select a field group. To leave the field group unchanged, use the default value of "Select".
- To copy the items to a different field group, select the desired field group from the field group list box and check the Copy option. In this case, the original items are unchanged and the copies are assigned to the new field group and, if selected, the new language and access level.
- To move the items to a different field group, select the desired field group from the field group list box and check the Move option. In this case, the original items will be moved to a new field group and, if selected, be assigned the new language and access level.
- When all of the settings are entered, click on Process to perform the changes. A message "Batch process completed successfully." will show.
Note that nothing will happen if you
- don't have any items selected or
- have not selected a language, access level or group.
If you wish to clear your entered selections, click on the Clear button. This will return all of the Batch controls to their default values. Note that this does not uncheck the check boxes for the items.
The List Filters and other filters as detailed below are above the colmun header. These filters are a series of controls that let you limit what items show in the manager screen. More than one filter may be entered. In this case, only items that meet all of the filter conditions will show on the list.
Filter by Partial Title or ID. In the upper left is a filter or search field and two buttons, as shown below.
- To filter by partial title, enter part of the title and click Search.
- To filter by ID number, enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Click Clear to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
Filter by Status. Lets you show only items with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Shows items that are Published and Unpublished. Does not show items that are Trashed or Archived.
- Trashed: Shows only items that are Trashed. Important Note: To permanently delete items:
- Change the status of the items to Trashed.
- Change the Status filter to Trashed. At this point the trashed items will show and an icon called "Empty trash" will show in the toolbar.
- Select the desired trashed items and click on "Empty Trash" in the toolbar. The items will be permanently deleted.
- Unpublished: Shows only items that are Unpublished.
- Published: Shows only items that are Published.
- Archived: Shows only items that are Archived. Note: Menu items have not this Status.
- All: Shows all items regardless of published status.
Filter by Assigned Category. Lets you show only items assigned to a specific category. The list box will show the categories defined for your site.
- - Select Assigned Category -: Show items assigned to any category.
- <your category>: Show items assigned only to this category.
Filter by Field Group. Lets you show only items assigned to a specific Field Group. The list box will show the groups defined for your site.
- - Select Field Group -: Show items assigned to any Field Group.
- <your Field Group>: Show items assigned only to this Field Group.
Filter by Access. Lets you show only items that have a specified viewing access level. The list box will show the access levels defined for your site.
- - Select Access -: Show items with any viewing access level.
- <access level group>: Show items only with this viewing access level.
Filter by Language. Lets you show only items that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Language - or All: Show items for any language.
- <your language>: Show items only for this language.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new field.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected field. If more than one field is selected (where applicable), only the first field will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the field.
- Publish. Makes the selected field available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected field unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected field to indicate that they are archived. Archived field can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the field to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected field. Works with one or multiple field selected.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected field. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected field to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed field can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the field to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed field, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the field to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
If you want to know how to use Custom Fields, click Adding Custom Fields