Components Joomla Update Configuration/de
From Joomla! Documentation
Joomla! Updates Options allows setting of parameters used for updates for Joomla!.
How to Access
On Components: Joomla! Update, click the Options button on top.
Configure where Joomla! gets its update information from
- Update Channel: (Default/Joomla Next/Testing/Custom URL) This allows you to choose the update source for Joomla.
- Default: is the recommended setting to stay on the latest release. This ensures that you still receive all released updates.
- Joomla Next: switch from one major release to next major release (Joomla 3.x to Joomla 4).
- Testing: is used for testing Joomla! releases prior to their release as 'Stable'. With this setting nightly builds will be shown until a Beta or RC (Release Candidate) is available. It is recommended not to use on Production sites. Only use this setting on test sites.
- Custom URL: This setting allows a custom update server to be used. It is recommended not to use on Production sites. Only use this setting on test sites.
- Custom URL: This field is used to point to a custom XML update source URL, used only when the 'Update Server' option is set to 'Custom URL'.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the configuration and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the configuration and closes the current screen.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.