Help39:Components Media Manager Options
From Joomla! Documentation
Media Manager Options configuration allows setting of parameters used globally for Media Manager. Control the file types allowed for uploading, MIME type check, MIME type blacklisting, and more options for Media Manager.
How to Access
Click Options button at top in Toolbar Media Manager or click Content → Media menu in the back-end of your Joomla! installation and click Options button.
- Legal Extensions (File Types). File types (extensions) users are allowed to upload, separated by a comma. Example: jpg,png,cvs...
- Maximum Size (in MB): Maximum file size in MB allowed for uploading.
- Changing the default 'path to files folder' to another folder than default 'images' may break your image links. The 'path to images' folder has to be the same or to a subfolder of 'path to files'.
- Path to Files Folder. Path to file folder relative to the root of Joomla! installation.
- Path to Images Folder. Path to images folder relative to the root of Joomla! installation.
- Restrict Uploads: Restrict uploads to just images for Users with less than a Manager Permission if Fileinfo or MIME Magic isn't installed on server.
- Check MIME Types. Use MIME Magic or Fileinfo to verify file types.
- Legal Image Extensions (File Types). Image file types allowed for uploading, comma separated. Used to check for valid image headers.
- Ignored Extensions. Ignored file types for MIME checking, comma separated.
- Legal MIME Types. Legal MIME types for MIME checking, comma separated.
To change the permissions for this extension, do the following.
- Select the Group by clicking its title located on the left.
- Find the desired Action. Possible Actions are:
- Configure ACL & Optons. Users can edit the options and persimissions of this extension.
- Configure Optons Only. Users can edit the options exept the persimissions of this extension.
- Access Administration Interface. Users can access user administration interface of this extension.
- Create: Users can create content of this extension.
- Delete: Users can delete content of this extension.
- Edit: Users can edit content of this extension.
- Edit State: User can change the published state and related information for content of this extension.
- Edit Own: Users can edit own created content of this extension.
- Select the desired permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited: Inherited for users in this Group from the Global Configuration permissions of this extension.
- Allowed: Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied: Denied for users in this Group.
- Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
- Save. Saves the configurations and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the configurations and closes the current screen.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Remember, these choices are applied globally.