Components Messaging Read
From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
How to Access
Select Components → Messaging from the drop-down menu on the Back-end of your Joomla! installation. Next, click on a Subject hyperlink to open the "View Message" screen. Alternatively, you may select icon at the bottom of the Administrative pages to find a message to read.
This screen allows you to view and reply to a single private message only.
- From. The sender of the message.
- Posted. The date and time the message was sent.
- Subject. The subject of the message.
- Message. The body of the message.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Reply. Creates a new message as a reply to the current message.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Only users who are members of the "Super Users" and "Administrator" groups have access to this screen, unless User Group permissions have been altered for this component via Options at the Private Messages - Inbox screen.