Components Newsfeeds Categories/fr
From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
How to Access
Select Components → News Feeds → Categories from the drop-down menu in the back-end of your Joomla! installation. You can also select the 'Categories' tab in the News Feed Manager.
News Feed Categories allow you to categorize different website feeds entering your site for better organization.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Ordering: Up-Down Arrows User specified ordering, default is order of item creation. When active, drag and drop ordering by 'click and hold' on the bars icon then 'release' in desired position.
- Checkbox: Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Title. The name or title of the feed. Make it as descriptive as possible.
- Published: Whether the item has been published or not. You can change the Published state by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Unpublished: Whether and how many items has been unpublished. You see the Unpublished items by clicking on the Number in this column.
- Archived: Whether and how many items has been archived. You see the Archived items by clicking on the Number in this column.
- Trashed: Whether and how many items has been trashed. You see the Trashed items by clicking on the Number in this column.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this item.
- Language. Item language.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Filter by Partial Title
You can filter the list of items either by typing part of the title or the ID number.
If you have a large number of items on the list, you can use this filter to find the desired item(s) quickly. Enter either part of the title or an ID number and press 'Search' to display the matching items. You can enter in whole words or part of a word. For example, "ooml" will match all titles with the word "Joomla!" in them.
Filter by Status, Access, Language, Tag and Max Levels
In the upper right area, above the column headings, there are 5 drop-down list boxes as shown below:
The selections may be combined. Only items matching both selections will display in the list.
- Select Status. Use the drop-down list box to select the published state: Published, Unpublished, Trashed, or All. For Articles, you may also select Archived. Important: With the default setting of -Select Status-, the screen only shows Published and Unpublished items. If you have the filter set to -Select Status- and you change items to Trashed, the Trashed items will disappear from the screen. However, they have not been permanently deleted. To do that you need to:
- Change the filter to Trashed. The Delete icon will now show in the toolbar.
- Select the items you want to permanently delete.
- Click on the Delete icon.
- You can see all items, regardless of their published state, by selecting All for this filter. You can also re-publish Trashed items by selecting them and clicking on the Publish icon in the toolbar.
Filter by Access. Lets you show only items that have a specified viewing access level. The list box will show the access levels defined for your site.
- - Select Access -: Show items with any viewing access level.
- <access level group>: Show items only with this viewing access level.
Filter by Language. Lets you show only items that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Language - or All: Show items for any language.
- <your language>: Show items only for this language.
Filter by Tags. Lets you show only items that have a specified tag. The list box will show the tags created for your site, similar to the example below.
- - Select Tags -: Show items with any (or no) tag(s).
- <tag>: Show items only with this tag.
Filter by Max Levels (Item Level). Lets you show only items whose category/tag/... is at or above the specified level in the category/tag/... hierarchy.
- - Select Max Levels -: Show all items regardless of level of their assigned category/tag/....
- 1: Only show items whose category/tag/... is at the top level in the category/tag/... hierarchy (in other words, with categories/tags/... whose parent category/tag/... is "- No Parent -".)
- 2-10: Only show items whose category/tag/... is in the top 2-10 levels in the category/tag/... hierarchy.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new category.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected category. If more than one category is selected (where applicable), only the first category will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the category.
- Publish. Makes the selected category available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected category unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected category to indicate that they are archived. Archived category can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the category to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected category. Works with one or multiple category selected.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected category. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Rebuild. Reconstructs and refreshes the category table. Normally, you do not need to rebuild this table. This function is provided in case the data in the table becomes corrupted.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected category to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed category can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the category to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed category, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the category to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
See News Feed Manager Options for more information.