Components Redirect Manager/de
From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
The Redirect Manager is a component that is accessed from the back-end of a Joomla! website. Its main function is to provide a mechanism to give an Administrator the ability to redirect the URL of a web page which no longer exists to a working web page. You must have the Use Apache mod_rewrite option enabled in your Joomla! installation Global Configuration options in order for the redirects you create to function.
How to access
Select Components → Redirect from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel.
This component is primarily used for redirecting URLs for web pages that no longer exist on your website to web pages that are working. The URL you want to redirect from must not be a working one on your website which actually loads a web page. It can be the URL to a web page which you have disabled in the Joomla! back-end administrator interface. The Expired URL you specify when you create the redirect should be the full URL as you would type it in your web browser. The component will only display the last portion of the source URL in the redirect listing. The New URL you specify when you create a redirect must be the full URL as well.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox: Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status: Published status of the item. Possible values are:
- Enabled: The item is enabled.
- Disabled: The item is disabled.
- Archived: The item has been archived.
- Trashed: The item has been sent to the Trash.
- Expired URL. The URL which is being redirected on your website. Only the web page portion of the URL is displayed in this listing.
- New URL. The destination URL for the redirect.
- Referring Page. The referring web page for the redirect.
- Created Date. Date the item(Article, Category, Weblink, etc.) was created.
- 404 Hits. Number of 404 Hits there has been on this URL.
- Status Code. The Status Code of the page.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Filter by Partial Title
You can filter the list of items by typing in part of the Title or the ID number.
Filter by State
In the upper area, above the column headings, there are two drop-down list box as shown below:
Only items matching the selection will be displayed in the list.
Above the column headers on the right, there are 2 drop down input fields, one to Sort Table by: and a number to display.
Number of Items to Display
Below the list you'll find:
Below the listing of redirects, is a section named 'Batch update new URL(s)'. This function allows you to change the 'New URL' for the selected redirects.
- New URL. The destination URL to set for the selected redirects.
- Comment. The comment to set for the selected redirects.
- Update Links. Updates all selected redirects with the specified New URL and Comment.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new redirect.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected redirect. If more than one redirect is selected (where applicable), only the first redirect will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the redirect.
- Enable. Makes the selected item available for use on your website.
- Disable. Makes the selected redirects unavailable for use on your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected redirects to indicate that they are archived. Archived redirects can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the redirects to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Bulk Import. Bulk process to add new URLs.
- Purge Disabled. Deletes all disabled links. URL's that are still enabled will not be deleted.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected redirects to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed redirects can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the redirects to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed redirects, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the redirects to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
Click the Options button to open the Redirect Manager Options window which lets you configure this component.
In order for your redirects to work, you must enable the option Use Apache mod_rewrite in the Global Configuration options of your Joomla! installation. Note also that just enabling the 'Use Apache mod_rewrite' option is not enough. You must take the additional step of renaming the htaccess.txt file in the web site directory where you installed Joomla! to .htaccess or to whatever file name your Apache web server requires for additional configuration directives. In the Apache configuration file this setting is named 'AccessFileName' and by default this is set to '.htaccess'.
To create/edit a redirect: Redirect Manager: Link - Create/Edit