Help39:Extensions Template Manager Templates Edit
From Joomla! Documentation
This is where you edit a template's source code. You can edit the template's master files and stylesheets from this screen.
How to Access
Navigate to Extensions → Templates → Templates and click on the template's name you want to edit.
You can select from a number of options for customising the look of your templates. The Template Manager supports Source files, Image files, Font files, Zip archives and most of the operations that can be performed on those files. Select a file and you are good to go.
- See also How to customise a Template.
Click on a component and you'll get all the possibilities inside that one component.
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the current screen.
- Copy Template. Copy template by using a new template name.
- Template Preview. Open a window showing frontend startpage.
- Manage Folders. Create or delete folders.
- New File. Create different file types, upload or copy files.
- Rename File. Rename selected file.
- Delete File. Delete selected file.
- Close File. Close open file.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Before editing the HTML and the CSS files of the template, it is a good idea to make a backup of the file you are editing. Also, you can edit these files outside Joomla using the HTML or CSS editor of your choice.