Menus Menu Item Article Archived/de
From Joomla! Documentation
How To Access
To create a new Archived Articles Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Archived Articles link under Articles link.
To edit an existing Archived Articles Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to show a list of Archived Articles. The Archived Article list can be displayed by date, filtered, and intro text added as shown below.
Archived articles are no longer published but are still stored on the site. Articles are Archived using the Article Manager screen. Note that Articles assigned to the "Uncategorized" Category will not show on the Archived Article List layout.
The Archived Articles menu item has the following required settings:
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Item Type: The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
- Menu: Shows which menu the link will appear in.
Advanced Details Tab
The Archived Articles Layout has the following Archive Options, as shown below.
- Article Order. Order of articles in this Layout. The following options are available.
- Oldest First: Articles are displayed starting with the oldest and ending with the most recent.
- Most Recent First: Articles are displayed starting with the most recent and ending with the oldest
- Title Alphabetical: Articles are displayed by Title in alphabetical order (A to Z)
- Title Reverse Alphabetical: Articles are displayed by Title in reverse alphabetical order (Z to A)
- Author Alphabetical: Articles are displayed by Author in alphabetical order (A to Z)
- Author Reverse Alphabetical: Articles are displayed by Author in reverse alphabetical order (Z to A)
- Most Hits: Articles are displayed by the number of hits, starting with the one with the most hits and ending with the one with the least hits
- Least Hits: Articles are displayed by the number of hits, starting with the one with the least hits and ending with the one with the most hits
- Ordering: Articles are ordered according to the Order column entered in the Article Manager.
- Date for Ordering. The date used when articles are sorted by date. The following options are available.
- Created: Use the article created date.
- Modified: Use the article modified date.
- Published: Use the article start publishing date.
- # Articles to List: The number of articles to include in the list. Select the desired number from the list box.
- Filter Field. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to show a Filter Field for the list of articles. If Hide, no Filter Field is shown. Otherwise, the Filter Field is shown.
- Intro text Limit. The maximum number of characters of the introtext to show. If the introtext is longer than this value, it will be truncated to this length.
The Archive Article Options has the following options, as shown below. These options determine how the article will show on the Front End Site layout.
Note that these options include "Use Global". If this is selected, the setting from the Article Manager Options will be used.
- Show Intro Text. (Use Global/Hide/Show). If set to Show, the Intro Text of the article will show when you drill down to the article. If set to Hide, only the part of the article after the "Read More" break will show.
- Position of Article Info. (Use Global/Use Article Settings/Above/Below/Split). Puts the article information block above or below the text or splits it into two separate blocks. One block is above and the other is below.
- Article Info Title. Displays the 'Article Info' title on top of the article information block.
- Show Category. (Use Global/Hide/Show). Whether or not to show the Article's Category.
- Link Category. (Use Global/No/Yes). If the Article's Category is shown, whether to show it as a link to a Category layout (list or blog) for that Category.
- Show Parent. (Use Global/Hide/Show). Whether or not to show the Article's Parent Category.
- Link Parent. (Use Global/No/Yes). If the Article's Parent Category is shown, whether to show it as a link to a Category layout (list or blog) for that Category.
- Linked Titles. (Use Global/No/Yes). If the Article's Title is shown, whether to show it as a link to the article.
- Show Author. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to show the author of the Article.
- Link Author. (Use Global/No/Yes). If the Article's author is shown, whether to show it as a link to a Contact layout for that author. Note that the author must be set up as a Contact in Contact Manager: Edit.
- Show Create Date. (Use Global/Hide/Show). Whether or not to show the Article's create date.
- Show Modify Date. (Use Global/Hide/Show). Whether or not to show the Article's modify date.
- Show Publish Date. (Use Global/Hide/Show). Whether or not to show the Article's start publishing date.
- Show Navigation. (Use Global/Hide/Show). Whether or not to show a navigation link (for example, Next or Previous article) when you drill down to the article.
- Show Hits. (Use Global/Hide/Show). Show or Hide the number of times the article has been hit (displayed by a user).
See Menu Item Manager: Edit/New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types which includes:
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- The Archived Articles layout allows you to access old or outdated articles that you don't want to remove entirely from the site.
- If you want to be able to see old articles in a category blog or list, create a category for older articles and move them to this category (instead of changing the Published state to Archived).
- Articles are archived using Article Manager.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Article Manager Options||Used to set global defaults for menu items that display articles. These default values will be used when "Use Global" is selected for an option in an Articles menu item. For example, to show the 'Create Date' for an article in your Articles menu items, then set that option to "Show" here and it will be the default value. You do not need to set any of these options. Your Joomla site will work with the default settings.|
|Content Article Manager||The Article Manager is used to find, mark featured, add and edit articles. See Toolbar below for a detailed list of all functions.|
|Content Article Manager Edit||This is the back-end screen where you can add and edit Articles. The same screen is used for adding a new Article and editing an existing Article. You can also select the Section and Category for an Article and indicate whether or not it is Published and if it is selected to appear on the Front Page.
The Article's content is edited using the default editor selected in the User Manager - New/Edit. The Joomla! default editor is called TinyMCE. A number of Parameters can be set for the Article. Metadata can also be entered.
|Content Featured Articles||Used to control which 'Featured Articles' are displayed on the Front Page and in what order they are displayed. The Front Page is often the Home page of a web site, but it can be any page in the site. The Front Page is created using a Menu Item with the Front Page layout.|
|Menus Menu Item Article Categories||Used to show a list of Categories. Categories are shown in a hierarchical list, as shown below. Depending on the selected options for this layout, you can click on a category Title to show the articles in that category.|
|Menus Menu Item Article Category Blog||Used to show articles belonging to a specific Category in a blog layout. Controls the Introduction or Leading Article, additional Articles with intro text, and additional links to more Articles in the same category. Some examples of settings for the Blog Layout format include: number of articles, article columns, across or down layouts, and number of additional links. See the Advanced Details Tab for all this menu item.|
|Menus Menu Item Article Category List||Used to show articles belonging to a specific Category in a list layout.|
|Menus Menu Item Article Create||Allows users to submit an article. Normally this is available only to users who have logged in to the front end of the site. Users must have permission to create articles. When the Create Article page is shown in the front end, the screen shows as examples in the following Front End Screenshots section.|
|Menus Menu Item Article Featured||Used to show all Articles that have been tagged as Featured. Articles are shown in a Blog Layout.|
|Menus Menu Item Article Single Article||Used to show one article in the front end of the site.|