Help39:Menus Menu Item Display Site Configuration
From Joomla! Documentation
This is a simplified version of Site Global Configuration, which can change site settings from front end.
How To Access
To create a new Site Configuration Options Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Site Configuration Options Menu Item link under Configuration Manager.
To edit an existing Site Configuration Options Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
This menu item can be helpful to new Joomla! super-users to easily change the site configurations. This will provide some of the important site configurations in front end. Therefore after a change, super-user will see the results immediately.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
This menu item type requires that you select the following.
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Item Type: The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
- Menu: Shows which menu the link will appear in.
See Menu Item Manager: Edit/New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types which includes:
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Save as Copy. Saves your changes to a copy of the current menu item. Does not affect the current menu item. This toolbar icon is not shown if you are creating a new menu item.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.