Menus Menu Item Menu Item Alias/fr
From Joomla! Documentation
How To Access
To create a new Alias Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Menu Item Alias link under System Links.
To edit an existing Menu Item Alias, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a link from one Menu Item to another Menu Item. This link can be to another Menu's, Menu Item or within the same Menu. See Quick Tips for use.
These are the required settings:
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Item Type: The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
- Menu Item. Select a Menu Item name to point Alias Menu Item name at. The drop down list is sectioned by Menu Names, with a list of Menu Item names under each Menu Name.
- Menu. Shows which menu the link will appear in.
Leave the Alias blank if the Menu Item Alias has the same Parent (in the same Menu Name).
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when SEF is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Non-Latin characters can be allowed in the alias if you set the Unicode Aliases option to Yes in Global Configuration. If this option is set to No and the title includes non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time (for example "2012-12-31-17-54-38").
See Menu Item Manager: Edit/New Menu Item for help on fields common to all Menu Item types which includes:
Module Assignments Tab
- Leave the alias field empty if the menu item alias and the menu item linked to by the alias have the same parent.
- A Main Menu Item Alias could link to an Article Menu's 'Some Menu Type' Menu Item. By using Module Assignments, a possible use would be to replace the Main Menu with the Article Menu when the Alias Menu Item is clicked. A return to Main Menu when another Alias Menu Item is clicked pointed back to a Menu Item in the Main Menu.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.