From Joomla! Documentation
(Redirected from Help4.x:Components Banners Clients)
The Banner Client Manager is where you can edit existing Banner Clients or create new ones. Note that you must have at least one Banner Client and one Banner Category defined before you can add your first Banner.
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Clients from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel. You can also select the 'Clients' menu link from the Banner Categories Manager, Banner Manager or the Banner Tracks Manager.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox: Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Status. (Published/Unpublished/Trashed) The published status of the item.
- Client. The Client for this Banner. Clients are entered using the Banner Client Manager.
- Contact. The Contact for this Client.
- Published: The number of published items. Click the numbered button to show a list of just those items.
- Unpublished: The number of unpublished items. Click the numbered button to show a list of just those items.
- Archived: Whether and how many items has been archived. You see the Archived items by clicking on the icon in this column.
- Trashed The number of trashed items. Click the numbered button to show a list of just those items.
- Purchase Type. The banner purchase type of the client. This is used to indicate how the client purchased the display time for their banners - monthly, yearly, etc...
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Search bar. This is a common feature of most Lists. The layout is as shown below.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. The search may be of one or more fields. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched. In some cases a different format is required. For Example, to Search by ID enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the item ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Filter Options. Click to display or hide the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current table ordering field. Select from the drop down list to change the order or click a column heading. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. The default for a site is 20 but this may be changed in the global configuration. Select from the drop-down list to change the number displayed. If you select too many complex items they will be slow to deliver and display.
Near the top of the page you will see the filter bar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
Filter by Published Status. Lets you show only items with the selected published status.
- - Select Status -: Shows items that are Published and Unpublished. Does not show items that are Trashed or Archived.
- Trashed: Shows only items that are Trashed. Important Note: To permanently delete items:
- Change the status of the items to Trashed.
- Change the Status filter to Trashed. At this point the trashed items will show and an icon called "Empty trash" will show in the toolbar.
- Select the desired trashed items and click on "Empty Trash" in the toolbar. The items will be permanently deleted.
- Unpublished: Shows only items that are Unpublished.
- Published: Shows only items that are Published.
- Archived: Shows only items that are Archived.
- All: Shows all items regardless of published status.
Filter by Purchase Type
- Select Type. Select the Purchase Type from the drop-down list box of available Purchase Types.
Page Controls: When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new client.
- Actions: Reveals a list of actions for selected Items. Check one or more Item checkboxes to activate the list.
- Publish. Makes the selected client available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected client unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected client to indicate that they are archived. Archived client can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the client to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected client. Works with one or multiple client selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected client to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed client can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the client to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed client, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the client to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
See Banners: Options.