Components Banners Clients
From Joomla! Documentation
Components Help Screens
This screen is accessed from the back-end Joomla! administrator panel. It is used to add or edit banner clients.
How to Access
- Select Components → Banners → Clients from the drop-down menu of the Joomla! Administrator Panel. You can also select the 'Clients' menu link from the Banner Categories Manager, Banner Manager or the Banner Tracks Manager.
The Banner Client Manager is where you can edit existing Banner Clients or create new ones. Note that you must have at least one Banner Client and one Banner Category defined before you can add your first Banner.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Contact. The Contact for this Client.
- Purchase Type. The banner purchase type of the client. This is used to indicate how the client purchased the display time for their banners - monthly, yearly, etc...
These column sorting input fields shows the current method of sorting applied to the table. Use the drop down field choices and click the column heading name. Alternatively, click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value. This will also change the value in the drop field to correspond with the column header name. The list will then be sorted in order by that column and a sort icon(up or down arrow) will show next to the column name. Click a second time to reverse the sort, which will change the corresponding drop field. Chunk4x:Help screen column header Order\en Chunk4x:Help screen column header Ascending\en Chunk4x:Help screen column header DisplayNum\en
Filter by Status or Type
Chunk4x:Help screen column header Select Status\en Filter by Purchase Type
- Select Type. Select the Purchase Type from the drop-down list box of available Purchase Types.
Number of Items to Display
Below the list you'll find: Chunk4x:Help screen column header Manager Pagination\en
At the top you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new client.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected client. If more than one client is selected (where applicable), only the first client will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the client.
- Publish. Makes the selected client available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected client unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected client to indicate that they are archived. Archived client can be moved back to the published or unpublished state by selecting "Archived" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the client to Published or Unpublished as preferred.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected client. Works with one or multiple client selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected client to indicate that they are trashed. Trashed client can still be recovered by selecting "Trashed" in the Select Status filter and changing the status of the client to Published or Unpublished as preferred. To permanently delete trashed client, select "Trashed" in the Select Status filter, select the client to be permanently deleted, then click the Empty Trash toolbar icon.
At the top left, above the Filter, you will see the following four links:
- Banners. Click this link to go to the Banners Manager page.
- Categories. Click this link to go to the Banner Category Manager page.
- Clients. This link is disabled, since you are already in the Clients page.
- Tracks. Click this link to go to the Banner Tracks Manager page.