Help4.x:Components Patch Tester Options
From Joomla! Documentation
The Joomla! Patch Tester is used by Testers to check that code patches produced by Developers actually do what they are supposed to do without unwanted side effects. The Options page is used to set up the Github connection.
How to Access
- Select Components → Patch Tester from the Administrator menu.
- Click the Options button on the Toolbar.
GitHub Repository Tab
- GitHub Repository. The default is Joomla! CMS. Use it.
Github Authentication Tab
You need a Github account and a Github Token. All free - see the GitHub Authentication Tab for details.
- GitHub Authentication Method. Choose the Token method. The Credentials method will not work from September 2020.
- GitHub Token. Paste in the Token obtained from GitHub.
CI Server Settings Tab
These settings are used for automated testing. Use the defaults for manual testing
- CI Server Address. Default: https://ci.joomla.org
- Switch CI Integration. Default: Off.
It is most unlikely that a Tester will wish to change the Permissions for this Component!
To change the permissions for this extension, do the following.
- Select the Group by clicking its title located on the left.
- Find the desired Action. Possible Actions are:
- Configure ACL & Optons. Users can edit the options and persimissions of this extension.
- Access Administration Interface. Users can access user administration interface of this extension.
- Select the desired permission for the action you wish to change. Possible settings are:
- Inherited: Inherited for users in this Group from the Global Configuration permissions of this extension.
- Allowed: Allowed for users in this Group. Note that, if this action is Denied at one of the higher levels, the Allowed permission here will not take effect. A Denied setting cannot be overridden.
- Denied: Denied for users in this Group.
- Click Save in Toolbar at top. When the screen refreshes, the Calculated Setting column will show the effective permission for this Group and Action.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the current screen.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.