Extensions: Update Sites
From Joomla! Documentation
A list of sites from which Joomla! Extensions can be updated on-line.
How to Access
- Select System → Update panel → Update Sites from the Administrator menu.
Click on the title of a column header to sort by that column. The purpose of each column is as follows:
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items.
- Status. The status of this item (Enabled or Disabled).
- Update Site. The URL of the update source site.
- Name. The name of the Extension.
- Location. Site or Administrator Extension
- Type. Package, Component, File...
- Folder. ...
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this action assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number.
Search bar. This is a common feature of most Lists. The layout is as shown below.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. The search may be of one or more fields. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched. In some cases a different format is required. For Example, to Search by ID enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the item ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Filter Options. Click to display or hide the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current table ordering field. Select from the drop down list to change the order or click a column heading. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. The default for a site is 20 but this may be changed in the global configuration. Select from the drop-down list to change the number displayed. If you select too many complex items they will be slow to deliver and display.
- - Select Status - Shows items that are Published and Unpublished. Does not show items that are Trashed or Archived.
- Trashed: Shows only items that are Trashed. Important Note: To permanently delete items: Change the status of the items to Trashed. Change the Status filter to Trashed. At this point the trashed items will show and an icon called "Empty trash" will show in the toolbar. Select the desired trashed items and click on "Empty Trash" in the toolbar. The items will be permanently deleted.
- Unpublished: Shows only items that are Unpublished.
- Published: Shows only items that are Published.
- Archived: Shows only items that are Archived.
- All: Shows all items regardless of published status.
- Location. The intended destination of the extension: Site, Administrator or API.
- Type. Select from the list: Component, File, etc.
- Folder. Select from the list: actionlog, api-authentication, etc.
- Download Key. Used by commercial extensions to allow download access.
Page Controls: When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected item. If more than one item is selected (where applicable), only the first item will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the item.
- Actions: Reveals a list of actions for selected Items. Check one or more Item checkboxes to activate the list.
- Enable. Makes the selected item available for use on your website.
- Disable. Makes the selected items unavailable for use on your website.
- Delete: Deletes the selected items. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected items. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Rebuild. Reconstructs and refreshes the relevant table. Normally, you do not need to rebuild this table. This function is provided in case the data in the table becomes corrupted.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.