Languages: Edit Content Language
From Joomla! Documentation
(Redirected from Help4.x:Extensions Language Manager Edit)
This page is tagged because it NEEDS COMPLETION. You can help the Joomla! Documentation Wiki by contributing to it.
More pages that need help similar to this one are here. NOTE-If you feel the need is satistified, please remove this notice.
Reason: The section "Options Tab" needs more information
In the Languages: Edit Content Language you can set the title, SEF, image, code, and description of an installed langauges. You may also update or add meta keywords and a description.
How to Access
- Select System → Manage Panel → Content Languages from the Administrator menu. Then...
- Select the language name link from the Title columne.
- Title. The name of the language as it will appear in the lists.
- Title in Native Language. Language title in the native language.
- Language Tag. Enter the language tag – example: en-GB for English (en-GB). This should be the exact prefix used for the language installed or to be installed.
- URL Language Code. Language Code for this language. This Language Code will be included in the site URL. Note the Language Code must be unique among all the languages.
- Image. Select from the available images for this language when using the "Use Image Flags" Language Switcher basic option.
- Status. Available options are Published, Unpublished, Trashed.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this item.
- Description. Enter a discription for the language
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla!. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays 0 until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Save. Saves the item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another item.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Users can use any Language from the list of installed Languages, either by having it assigned in the Users or by filling out a Menu Items list - New/Edit - User Form Layout at the Front end. This will cause the Joomla! system prompts to be generated in this Language just for this User. For example, if a User chooses Spanish as their language, then the Search Module will show with prompts in Spanish.
- This User's choice is not affected by the Default Language set for the Front-end.
- Changing a User's Language or the Default Language does not affect the web site's Articles and other content.
- Important: Do not delete the default language files (for example, with FTP). This will create errors on both the Front-end and Back-end.
- Additional Languages can be added using the Extensions - Install Screen.
- If desired, you can show the Front-end site in one Language and show the Back-end administration pages in a different Language. Also, individual articles can be configured to use a different language in the Advanced Parameter pane when editing the Article.