From Joomla! Documentation
(Redirected from Help4.x:Extensions Language Manager Overrides)
Overrides allow you to change a core Joomla string.
In the Joomla code, text strings that are to appear in the User Interface, either the Site interface or the Administrator interface, are expressed as string constants. For example, the string Your session has expired. Please log in again. is expressed as JLIB_ENVIRONMENT_SESSION_EXPIRED. The text string can be translated into any language. The default language is British English. There are thousands of such strings in a Joomla installation.
If a string does not suit your site you can use the Language Override feature to replace the original.
How to Access
- Select System → Manage Panel → Language Overrides
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox: Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Constant. The constant in the code created by the developer.
- Text. The text substituted for the constant in the override. Select the constant link to edit this item.
- Language Tag. The language that this override is used for.
- Location. Site or Administrator.
- Select Language and Client. The drop down list shows languages installed for Site and Administrator interfaces.
Search bar. This is a common feature of most Lists. The layout is as shown below.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. The search may be of one or more fields. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched. In some cases a different format is required. For Example, to Search by ID enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the item ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Filter Options. Click to display or hide the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current table ordering field. Select from the drop down list to change the order or click a column heading. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. The default for a site is 20 but this may be changed in the global configuration. Select from the drop-down list to change the number displayed. If you select too many complex items they will be slow to deliver and display.
- This list has no filter options
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new item.
- Delete: Deletes the selected items. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Clear Cache. Clear the available extension update information displayed in the listing.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.