Plugins: Name of Plugin
From Joomla! Documentation
(Redirected from Help4.x:Extensions Plugin Manager Edit)
The Plugin screen allows you to edit the details and options of a plugin. Common options for all plugins are located in the right hand part of the Plugin Tab and described below.
Plugins by Group:
The complete list of plugin groups above is available in one long document: List of Plugins.
How to Access
Starting from the Administrator menu:
- Select Home Dashboard → Plugins. Or..
- Select System → Manage panel → Plugins. Then...
- Select the Plugin's Name in the list of plugins.
If the plugin has configurable options they will appear here. The example shown in the Screenshot is the Content - Confirm Consent plugin which has several configurable parameters which change as options are selected.
The right panel is the same for all plugins and has the following fields:
- Status. Whether or not the item is enabled.
- Access. Which user 'access levels' have access to this item. You can change an item's Access Level by clicking on its name to open it up for editing. The default user 'access levels' which come preconfigured with Joomla! are:
- Public: Everyone has access including website visitors who have not logged in
- Registered: Only users with registered status or higher will have access
- Special: Only users with author status or higher have access
- Ordering. A drop-down list of plugins of the same Type. The list of plugins is arranged by their current order. You can change this plugin's order in relation to the other plugins by selecting the plugin in the drop-down list that you want this plugin to be ordered below.
- Plugin Type. The Type of the Plugin. This value cannot be changed.
- Plugin File. The name of the Plugin file. Each Plugin has two files with this name. One has the file extension '.php' and the other has the file extension '.xml'.
- Description. The description of what this Plugin does. This cannot be changed. The developer of the plugin specifies this. This may be blank if the developer did not specify a description for the plugin.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Save. Saves the plugin and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the plugin and closes the current screen.
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- If you are using the TinyMCE editor, you can control which options appear on the editor's toolbar by setting the parameters in the "Editor - TinyMCE" plugin.
- Configurable plug-in settings are referred to as 'options'. In previous versions of Joomla! these configurable settings were referred to as 'parameters'. You may see the terms 'options' and 'parameters' used interchangeably in help documentation and tutorials you encounter.