Help4.x:Extensions Template Manager Templates
From Joomla! Documentation
The Template Manager: Templates screen allows you to preview and edit templates which are installed in your Joomla! site.
How to access
- Select System → Templates → Site Templates from the Administrator menu. Or...
- Select System → Templates → Administrator Templates from the Administrator menu.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Image. A thumbnail of the template appearance.
- Template. The name of the template. Select the linked name to edit a templates files.
- Version. The version number of the item.
- Date. The date the item was created by the developer.
- Author. The developer of the template.
- Override Files. ...?
- Site or Administrator. Whether the template is a for Site or Administrator use.
Search bar. This is a common feature of most Lists. The layout is as shown below.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. The search may be of one or more fields. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched. In some cases a different format is required. For Example, to Search by ID enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the item ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Filter Options. Click to display or hide the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current table ordering field. Select from the drop down list to change the order or click a column heading. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display Shows the number of items in a list. The default for a site is 20 but this may be changed in the global configuration. Select from the drop-down list to change the number displayed. If you select too many complex items they will be slow to deliver and display.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- To edit templates styles: Template Manager: Styles