From Joomla! Documentation
(Redirected from Help4.x:Guided Tours: Tours)
The guided tours give users the ability to complete walk-throughs (or tours) to better understand the interface they are learning to use.
Each tour has mandatory associated steps.
Joomla comes with built-in tours, a good starting point to create new tours.
How to Access
System → Manage → Guided Tours
To add a Tour:
- click the New toolbar button
To edit a Tour:
- select a Title from the list
To edit a Tour's steps:
- select the steps number from the Steps column
- Checkbox. Check this box to select tours. To select all tours, check the box in the column heading. After boxes are checked the toolbar button 'Actions' get active.
- Ordering. You can change the order of a tour within a list as follows:
- Title. The title of the tour. Edit the tour by clicking on the Title.
- Description. A truncated description of the tour.
- Steps. Access to the steps for the tour. Select the number to access the list of steps.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this tour.
- Language. Tours language, default is 'All'. When using 'All', title and description can be language keys that will be properly translated into each user's language (assuming the language key values are available). Default tours are using language keys.
- ID. A unique identification number for this tour, you cannot change this number.
Search bar. Near the top of the page you will see the search bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched.To 'Search by ID' enter "id:x", where "x" is the ID number (for example, "id:19").
- Note. When tour titles and descriptions are language keys, they are not searchable.
- Filter Options. Click to display the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current list ordering field. 2 ways to change the order:
- Select from the dropdown list. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order.
- Click a column heading. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of tours in a list. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed.The default for a site is '20' but this may be changed in the Global Configuration.
Near the top of the page you will see the filter bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Select Status. Select from Trashed / Unpublished / Published / Archived / All.
- Select Access. Select from the list of available viewing access levels.
- Select Language. Select from the list of available languages.
Page Controls. When the number of tours is more than one page, you will see a page control bar near the bottom of the page shown in the Screenshot above. The current page number being viewed has a dark colour background.
- Start. Click to go to the first page.
- Prev. Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers. Click to go to the desired page.
- Next. Click to go to the next page.
- End. Click to go to the last page.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above.
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new tour.
- Actions. Reveals a list of actions for selected tours. Check one or more tours checkboxes to activate the list.
- Publish. Makes the selected tours available in Take a tour.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected tours unavailable in Take a tour.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected tours to indicate that they are archived.
- Check-in. Checks-in the selected tours.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected tours to indicate that they are trashed.
- Duplicate. Creates new tours with their associated steps from the selected tours.
- Options. Opens Guided Tours: Options.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- To see trashed and archived tours, set the Status filter to 'All'.
- To empty the trash, set the Status filter to 'Trashed'. Select the tours to remove. In the toolbar, select 'Empty Trash'. The associated steps are deleted as well.