From Joomla! Documentation
Mail Templates are used to adjust the layout of various system email messages.
How to Access
- Select System → Templates panel → Mail Templates from the Administrator menu.
In the table containing Mail Templates, these are the different columns:
- Title. The name of the template.
- Component. The component where this template is used.
- Templates. Flags in this column indicate languages for which a custom email template has been created.
- No Templates. Flags in this column indicate languages for which a custom email template has not been created.
- Description. Brief description of the template.
- ID. Template ID name. This is the template_id of the mail template's record in the #_mail_templates table in the database.
Search bar. This is a common feature of most Lists. The layout is as shown below.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. The search may be of one or more fields. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched. In some cases a different format is required. For Example, to Search by ID enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the item ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Filter Options. Click to display or hide the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current table ordering field. Select from the drop down list to change the order or click a column heading. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. The default for a site is 20 but this may be changed in the global configuration. Select from the drop-down list to change the number displayed. If you select too many complex items they will be slow to deliver and display.
Filter by Language. Lets you show only items that have a specific language assigned. The list box will show the languages defined for your site, similar to the examples below.
- - Select Language -
- All Show items for any language.
- <your language>: Show items only for this language.
Filter by Component. Select from the list of components that may send emails.
Page Controls: When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.