From Joomla! Documentation
Mail Templates are used to adjust the layout of various system email messages.
How to Access
- Select System → Templates panel → Mail Templates from the Administrator menu.
In the table containing Mail Templates, these are the different columns:
- Title. The name of the template.
- Component. The component where this template is used.
- Templates. Flags in this column indicate languages for which a custom email template has been created.
- No Templates. Flags in this column indicate languages for which a custom email template has not been created.
- Description. Brief description of the template.
- ID. Template ID name. This is the template_id of the mail template's record in the #_mail_templates table in the database.
Search bar. Near the top of the page you will see the search bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched.To 'Search by ID' enter "id:x", where "x" is the ID number (for example, "id:19").
- Filter Options. Click to display the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current list ordering field. 2 ways to change the order:
- Select from the dropdown list. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order.
- Click a column heading. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed.The default for a site is '20' but this may be changed in the global configuration.
- Select Language. Select from the list of available languages.
Filter by Component. Select from the list of components that may send emails.
Page Controls. When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar near the bottom of the page shown in the Screenshot above. The current page number being viewed has a dark colour background.
- Start. Click to go to the first page.
- Prev. Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers. Click to go to the desired page.
- Next. Click to go to the next page.
- End. Click to go to the last page.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.