Menus Menu Item Search Results
From Joomla! Documentation
How To Access
To create a new Search Form or Search Results Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button File:Help-4x-Menu-Item-Type-Select-Button-en.png and then click the Search Form or Search Results Menu Item link under Search.
To edit an existing Search Results Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a 'Search Form or Search Results' page for users to search site's content. Additional, used to control output look of search results or 'can' the results of a search with a menu link for preset search term or terms.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- Menu: Shows which menu the link will appear in.
- See Quick Tips for more details.
- Use Search Options. (Global/Show/Hide) Show the search options.
Chunk4x:Help screen column header Use Search Areas\en Chunk4x:Help screen column header Created Date\en Default Search Options Chunk4x:Help screen column header Search for\en Chunk4x:Help screen column header Results ordering\en
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
Front End Screenshot
Chunk4x:Help screen screenshot disclaimer\en Search form shown:
Search results shown:
- Canning Search Results. To 'can' search results (force a desired search term), use the Search Term optional setting. This optional field will force a search term or terms into the search field when a user clicks on a Menu 'Link' to a 'Search Results' Menu Item. For example, a user clicks a Menu Item called, 'More Joomla! Articles'. The search term field could contain the word, Joomla!. The filled optional field would show the search component page with the word Joomla! pre-filled in the search field and showing the results of 'Joomla!' searched on the website.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Finder Manage Search Filters||This screen shows the static search filters currently available for use in Smart Search|
|Components Finder Manage Search Filters Edit||This screen allows you to create a new search filter or amend an existing one.|
|Components Search||The Search Statistics screen allows you to see how many searches were done for each keyword combination and how many results were returned for each search.|
|Components Search Manager Options||Details on Component Options
Details on Permissions configuration
|Extensions Module Manager Search||This Module displays a Search entry field where the user can type in a phrase and press 'Enter' to search the web site.|
|Extensions Module Manager Smart Search||Smart Search is an enhanced site search.|
|Menus Menu Item Finder Search||Used to create a page for Smart Search Results, which can be used in conjunction with a Smart Search module to control Search Results Page's layout. Ability to 'can' Smart Search results to specific filters to control a search.|