Menus Menu Item Search Results
From Joomla! Documentation
How To Access
To create a new Search Form or Search Results Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Search Form or Search Results Menu Item link under Search.
To edit an existing Search Results Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a 'Search Form or Search Results' page for users to search site's content. Additional, used to control output look of search results or 'can' the results of a search with a menu link for preset search term or terms.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- Menu: Shows which menu the link will appear in.
- See Quick Tips for more details.
- Use Search Options. (Global/Show/Hide) Show the search options.
Chunk4x:Help screen column header Use Search Areas\en Chunk4x:Help screen column header Created Date\en Default Search Options Chunk4x:Help screen column header Search for\en Chunk4x:Help screen column header Results ordering\en
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save. Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
Front End Screenshot
Chunk4x:Help screen screenshot disclaimer\en Search form shown:
Search results shown:
- Canning Search Results. To 'can' search results (force a desired search term), use the Search Term optional setting. This optional field will force a search term or terms into the search field when a user clicks on a Menu 'Link' to a 'Search Results' Menu Item. For example, a user clicks a Menu Item called, 'More Joomla! Articles'. The search term field could contain the word, Joomla!. The filled optional field would show the search component page with the word Joomla! pre-filled in the search field and showing the results of 'Joomla!' searched on the website.
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Components Finder Manage Search Filters||This screen shows the static search filters currently available for use in Smart Search|
|Components Finder Manage Search Filters Edit||This screen allows you to create a new search filter or amend an existing one.|
|Components Search||The Search Statistics screen allows you to see how many searches were done for each keyword combination and how many results were returned for each search.|
|Components Search Manager Options||Details on Component Options
Details on Permissions configuration
|Extensions Module Manager Search||This Module displays a Search entry field where the user can type in a phrase and press 'Enter' to search the web site.|
|Extensions Module Manager Smart Search||Smart Search is an enhanced site search.|
|Menus Menu Item Finder Search||Used to create a page for Smart Search Results, which can be used in conjunction with a Smart Search module to control Search Results Page's layout. Ability to 'can' Smart Search results to specific filters to control a search.|