Menus Menu Item Tags Items List
From Joomla! Documentation
- 1 How To Access
- 2 Description
- 3 Screenshot
- 4 Details
- 5 Toolbar
- 6 Front End Screenshot
- 7 Quick Tips
- 8 Related Information
How To Access
To create a new Tagged Items Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button and then click the Tagged Items Menu Item link under Tags.
To edit an existing Tags Items Lists Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a 'Tagged List of Items' page per tag(s) selected.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Item Type: The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
- Tag. Select the tag to use.
- Menu: Shows which menu the link will appear in.
- Content Type. Only tags of the selected types will be displayed (optional).
- Language Filter. (Use Global (All)/All/Current/English (en-GB)/...). Optionally filter the list of tags based on language.
- Link. The full URL of the web page address using which includes the http:// prefix.
- Examples: http://www.thedomainname.com or http://www.thedomainname.com/morehelp.html
- Show Tag Name. (Use Global(Hide)/Hide/Show). For a layout with one tag, show the tag name.
- Tag Image. (Use Global(Hide)/Hide/Show). For a layout with one tag, show the image for the tag.
- Tag Description. (Use Global(Hide)/Hide/Show). Show or hide the description for the tag (only used when a single tag is selected).
- Image. Select or upload the image.
- Description. The description for the item. Category, Subcategory and Web Link descriptions may be shown on web pages, depending on the parameter settings. These descriptions are entered using the same editor that is used for Articles.
- Ordering: (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.
- Direction. Sort order. Descending is highest to lowest. Ascending is lowest to highest.
- Item Image: Show the image for each item.
- Item Description: Show or hide the description for each item in the list. The lenght may be limited using the Maximum Character option.
- Maximum Characters: The maximum number of characters to display from the description in each tag.
- Filter Field: Show or hide field for the list.
- Display Select. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the Display # control that allows the user to select the number of items to show in the list. An example of how it is shown in the Front End (website) view below.
- If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display.
- Pagination. Hide or Show Pagination support. Pagination provides page links at the bottom of the page that allow the User to navigate to additional pages. These are needed if the listed items will not fit on one page. An example is shown below.
- The following options are available.
- Use Global: Use the default value from the component options screen.
- Auto: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Show: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Hide: Pagination links not shown. Note: In this case, Users will not be able to navigate to additional pages.
- Pagination Results. Hide or Show the current page number and total pages (e.g., "Page 1 of 2") at the bottom of each page. Use Global will use the default value from the component options.
Item Selection Options
- Match Type: All will return items that have all of the tags. Any will return items that have at least one of the tags.
- Child Tags: Include or exclude child tags from the result list for a tag.
- Show Feed Link. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to Hide or Show a link to a news feed (RSS Feed). If set to Show, a Feed Link will show up as a feed icon in the address bar of most modern browsers.
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made. Or
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
Front End Screenshot
Example Front End Site images are generic images using Joomla! core installation supplied free Front End Templates. The actual view can depend on the installed custom template used and the template's style for those views on a Joomla! website. Tags List Layout:
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Menus Menu Item Tags Items Compact List||Used to create a 'Compact List of Tagged Items' page per tag(s) selected.|
|Menus Menu Item Tags Items List All||Used to create a 'List of All Tags' page per tag(s) selected.|