Menus Menu Item Tags Items List All
From Joomla! Documentation
- 1 How To Access
- 2 Description
- 3 Screenshot
- 4 Details
- 5 Toolbar
- 6 Front End Screenshot
- 7 Quick Tips
- 8 Related Information
How To Access
To create a new Search Results Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button File:Help-4x-Menu-Item-Type-Select-Button-en.png and then click the List of All Tags Menu Item link under Tags.
To edit an existing Compact Tag Views Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a 'List of All Tags' page per tag(s) selected.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu Item Type: The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
- Menu: Shows which menu the link will appear in.
- Content Type. Only tags of the selected types will be displayed (optional).
- Language Filter. (Use Global (All)/All/Current/English (en-GB)/...). Optionally filter the list of tags based on language.
- Link. The full URL of the web page address using which includes the http:// prefix.
- Examples: http://www.thedomainname.com or http://www.thedomainname.com/morehelp.html
- Number of Columns: The number of columns to arrange the tags in. Note that this may not be the number displayed if 12 does not divide evenly into it because display is based on a 12 column grid.
- Heading Description. Description to display at the heading of tags list.
- Show Heading Image. (Use Global/Hide/Show). Show an image at the heading of the tags list.
- Heading Image File. Select or upload the image to display in the heading of the tags list.
- Ordering: (default). The column in which to sort displayed items in the table. The values are the same as the column heading names.
- Direction. Sort order. Descending is highest to lowest. Ascending is lowest to highest.
- Item Images. (Use Global(Hide),Hide, Show) Shows the firts image for each item in the list.
- Tag Description. (Use Global(Hide)/Hide/Show). Show or hide the description for the tag (only used when a single tag is selected).
- Maximum Characters. The maximum number of characters to display from the description in each tag.
- Hits. The number of times an item has been viewed.
Item Selection Options
- Maximum Items. The maximum number of results to return.
- Filter Field. The Filter Field creates a text field where a user can enter a field to be used to filter the articles shown in the list. An example of how this looks in the front-end layout is shown below.
- The possible options for this (in the back-end menu item edit) are shown below.
- Use Global: Use the value from Article Manager→Options. Only appears in Menu Item Type Options.
- Hide: Don't show a filter field.
- Title: Filter on article title.
- Author: Filter on the author's name.
- Hits: Filter on the number of article hits.
- Display Select. (Use Global/Hide/Show) Whether to hide or show the Display # control that allows the user to select the number of items to show in the list. An example of how it is shown in the Front End (website) view below.
- If there are more items than this number, you can use the page navigation buttons (Start, Prev, Next, End, and page numbers) to navigate between pages. Note that if you have a large number of items, it may be helpful to use the Filter options, located above the column headings, to limit which items display.
- Pagination. Hide or Show Pagination support. Pagination provides page links at the bottom of the page that allow the User to navigate to additional pages. These are needed if the listed items will not fit on one page. An example is shown below.
- The following options are available.
- Use Global: Use the default value from the component options screen.
- Auto: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Show: Pagination links shown if needed.
- Hide: Pagination links not shown. Note: In this case, Users will not be able to navigate to additional pages.
- Pagination Results. Hide or Show the current page number and total pages (e.g., "Page 1 of 2") at the bottom of each page. Use Global will use the default value from the component options.
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
File:Help-4x-Save-SaveClose-SaveNew-Cancel-Help-toolbar-en.png The functions are:
- Save: Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
Front End Screenshot
Chunk4x:Help screen screenshot disclaimer\en Tags List Layout:
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Menus Menu Item Tags Items Compact List||Used to create a 'Compact List of Tagged Items' page per tag(s) selected.|
|Menus Menu Item Tags Items List||Used to create a 'Tagged List of Items' page per tag(s) selected.|