Menus Menu Item User Password Reset
From Joomla! Documentation
How To Access
To create a new User Password Reset Menu Item:
- Select Menus → [name of the menu] from the drop-down menu on the back-end of your Joomla! installation (for example, Menus → Main Menu).
- Click the New Toolbar button to create a new menu item.
- Click the Menu Item Type Select button File:Help-4x-Menu-Item-Type-Select-Button-en.png and then click the User Password Reset Menu Item link under Users Manager.
To edit an existing User Password Reset Menu Item, click its Title in Menu Manager: Menu Items.
Used to create a form which allows a user to reset their password with an email sent to the user's email associated with the account.
For more information please see Menu Item Manager: Details Tab
- Menu Title: The title that will display for this menu item.
- Menu: Shows which menu the link will appear in.
- Menu Item Type: The Menu Item Type selected when this menu item was created. This can be one of the core menu item types or a menu item type provided by an installed extension.
Module Assignments Tab
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- Save: Saves the menu item and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the menu item and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the menu item and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another menu item.
Front End Screenshot
Chunk4x:Help screen screenshot disclaimer\en User Password Reset shown:
|Related Help Screens||Description|
|Menus Menu Item User Login||Used to create a 'User Login Form' page for users to login to the website.|
|Menus Menu Item User Profile||Used to create a form which allows a user to edit their profile settings.|
|Menus Menu Item User Profile Edit||Used to create a form which allows a user to edit their profile settings.|
|Menus Menu Item User Registration||Used to create a default User Registration form for user registration. Default form contains basic information: Name, Username, Password, and Email Address.|
|Menus Menu Item User Reminder||Used to create a form which allows a user to request an e-mail with their username.|