Smart Search: New or Edit Filter
From Joomla! Documentation
This screen allows you to create a new search filter or amend an existing one.
How to access
- Select Components → Smart Search → Filters from the Administrator menu. Then...
- Select the New Toolbar button to create a new filter.
- Select a title link in the Title column to edit an existing filter.
- Title. The Title for this item. This may or may not display on the page, depending on the parameter values you choose.
- Alias. The internal name of the item, also used in the URL when Site Global Configuration SEO Setting is activated. Normally, you can leave this blank and Joomla! will fill in a default value. The default value is the Title or Name in lower case and with dashes instead of spaces. You may enter the Alias manually. The Alias should consist of lowercase letters and hyphens (-). No blank spaces or underscores are allowed. Non-Latin characters can be allowed in the alias if you set the Unicode Aliases option to Yes in the Site Global Configuration SEO settings. If this option is set to No and the title includes non-Latin characters, the Alias will default to the current date and time (for example "2012-12-31-17-54-38").
Edit Filter Tab
- Map Count. The number of maps included in the filter.
- Toggle Selection. The Toggle Selection button will change all the selections in the opposite way. So selected will change into unselected and unselected will change into selected.
- Expand all. The Expand all button will open all the maps and show the items inside.
- Created Date. Date the item(Article, Category, Weblink, etc.) was created.
- Created By. Name of the Joomla! User who created this item. This will default to the currently logged-in user. If you want to change this to a different user, click the Select User button to select a different user.
- Alias. This optional field allows you to enter an alias for the Author of the filter.
- Modified Date: (Informative only) Date of last modification.
- Modified By: (Informative only) Username who performed the last modification.
Filter Timeline panel
- When (Start Date). When to search relative to the start date (before, after or exactly).
- Start Date. Format YYYY-MM-DD.
- When (End Date). When to search relative to the end date (before, after or exactly).
- End Date. Format YYYY-MM-DD.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Save. Saves the search filter and stays in the current screen.
- Save & Close. Saves the search filter and closes the current screen.
- Save & New. Saves the search filter and keeps the editing screen open and ready to create another search filter.
- Cancel. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made. Or
- Close. Closes the current screen and returns to the previous screen without saving any modifications you may have made.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
- Smart Search was introduced in Joomla 3.0 but is not enabled by default in that version.
- If you are new to Smart Search then you should read the Smart Search quickstart guide.