Stages List: Basic Workflow
From Joomla! Documentation
The Publishing Workflow component is used to replace static states (unpublished, published, trashed and archived) with a more generic approach. This way you can easily create a customized workflow to manage your articles within a component.
For more information see the Workflow Tutorial.
How To Access
- Enable Workflows in Content → Articles → Options → Integration Tab from the Administrator menu. Then...
- Select Content → Workflows in the Administrator menu. Then ...
- Select the numbered Stage button. Then...
- Select the New button to create a new stage. Or...
- Select an item in the Name column to edit an existing stage.
Click on the column heading to sort the list by that column's value.
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items. Many toolbar actions, such as Publish and Unpublish, can work with multiple items. Others, such as Edit, only work on one item at a time. If multiple items are checked and you press Edit, the first item will be opened for editing.
- Ordering. You can change the order of an item within a list as follows:
- If the list Filter Options include a Position filter select the desired Position. This will limit the list to items that are assigned to that Position.
- Select the Ordering icon in the Table heading to make it the active ordering item. The ordering icons in each row will change from light grey to dark grey and the pointer will change to a drag arrow on hover.
- Select one of the Ordering icons and drag it up or down to change the position of that row in the list. The items will display in the new order within the Position.
- Status. The published status of the item.
- Default. If there is more than one workflow. Select to set the default.
- Name: The (full) name of the user.
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this item assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number. When creating a new item, this field displays "0" until you save the new entry, at which point a new ID is assigned to it.
Search bar. Near the top of the page you will see the search bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched.To 'Search by ID' enter "id:x", where "x" is the ID number (for example, "id:19").
- Filter Options. Click to display the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current list ordering field. 2 ways to change the order:
- Select from the dropdown list. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order.
- Click a column heading. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed.The default for a site is '20' but this may be changed in the Global Configuration.
- Filter by published status.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Back. Go back to the previous page.
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new item.
- Actions: Reveals a list of actions for selected Items. Check one or more Item checkboxes to activate the list.
- Enable. Makes the selected item available for use on your website.
- Disable. Makes the selected items unavailable for use on your website.
- Default: Makes the selected item the default item. The default star symbol () will show in the Default column, indicating that this is now the default item.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected items. Works with one or multiple items selected.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected items to indicate that they are trashed.Trashed items can still be recovered by selecting 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter and changing the status of the articles to Published or Unpublished as preferred.To permanently delete trashed items, select 'Trashed' in the 'Select Status' filter, select the items to be permanently deleted, then click the 'Empty Trash' toolbar icon.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.