User Actions Log
From Joomla! Documentation
The User Actions Log provides a global overview of selected Administrator activities on your site. From this screen you may Select, Export, Delete or Purge entries. The Events to log are set via the Options button in the Toolbar.
How to Access
Select Users → User Actions Log from the Administrator menu.
Click on the title of a column header to sort by that column. The purpose of each column is as follows:
- Checkbox. Check this box to select one or more items. To select all items, check the box in the column heading. After one or more boxes are checked, click a toolbar button to take an action on the selected item or items.
- Action. The action performed by the user on your site (who did what)
- Extensions. The extension used to perform this action
- Date. Date and time when the action was performed
- Name. Name of the user who performed the action
- IP Address. The IP Address of the user who performed the action. Note: This column is displayed only when the option IP logging is set to Yes in the component options
- ID. This is a unique identification number for this action assigned automatically by Joomla. It is used to identify the item internally, and you cannot change this number.
Search bar. This is a common feature of most Lists. The layout is as shown below.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. The search may be of one or more fields. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched. In some cases a different format is required. For Example, to Search by ID enter "id:xx", where "xx" is the item ID number (for example, "id:9").
- Filter Options. Click to display or hide the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current table ordering field. Select from the drop down list to change the order or click a column heading. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of items in a list. The default for a site is 20 but this may be changed in the global configuration. Select from the drop-down list to change the number displayed. If you select too many complex items they will be slow to deliver and display.
- Select Extension. Select the desired extension to limit the list based on a specific extension
- Select Date. Select the desired timeframe to limit the list based on this timeframe (from Today to In the last year)
- Select User. Select the desired name to limit the list based on the actions on a specific user.
Page Controls: When the number of items is more than one page, you will see a page control bar as shown below. The current page number being viewed is shaded.
- Start: Click to go to the first page.
- Prev: Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers: Click to go to the desired page.
- Next: Click to go to the next page.
- End: Click to go to the last page.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above. The functions are:
- Export Selected as CSV. Allows you to export as CSV the User Action Logs you have selected.
- Export All as CSV. Allows you to export as CSV all the User Action Logs.
- Delete. Deletes one or more selected records.
- Purge. Allows you to delete all User Action Logs at once.
- Options. Opens the Options window where settings such as default parameters can be edited.
- Help. Opens this help screen.