Users Access Levels
From Joomla! Documentation
User controls for creating, viewing and editing Access Levels.
In this screen you have the ability to look at a list of your Access Levels and sort them in different ways. You can also edit and create Access Levels.
How to access
From the administrator area, select Users → Access Levels from the drop-down menu of the Administration screen, or click on the Users icon in the Control Panel and select the Access Levels tab.
In the table containing the Access Levels from your Joomla! site, you will see different columns. Here you can read what they mean and what is displayed in that column. Chunk4x:Help screen column header Checkbox\en
- Level Name. The name of the access level.
- User Groups Having Viewing Access. The groups that have viewing access.
At the top left you will see the toolbar:
The functions are:
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new access level.
- Edit. Opens the editing screen for the selected access level. If more than one access level is selected (where applicable), only the first access level will be opened. The editing screen can also be opened by clicking on the Name of the access level.
- Delete: Deletes the selected access levels. Works with one or multiple access levels selected. Note that you cannot delete an access level that is currently being used. If you try to delete an access level that is assigned, a message showing where it is assigned will be displayed.
Filter by Partial Access Level Name
- Search Viewing Access Levels. In the upper left is a Search field and two buttons, as shown below.
Enter part of the level's name and press the Search to find matching names. Press x or Clear to clear the search field and restore the list of levels.
- Click on the name of an access level to edit it.
- Click on the Column Headers to sort the users by that column, ascending or descending.