From Joomla! Documentation
Die Liste der Beitragskategorien wird verwendet, um Kategorien für Beiträge zu finden, hinzuzufügen und zu bearbeiten.
Categories are are used to organise Articles for ease of management and display. They can be organised into tree-like structures like file systems. All Articles must be assigned either to a parent Category or a child Category.
How to Access
Home Dashboard → Inhoud → Categories
To add a Category:
- click the New toolbar button
To edit a Category:
- select a Title from the list
- Checkbox. Check this box to select categories. To select all categories, check the box in the column heading. After boxes are checked the toolbar button 'Actions' get active.
- Ordering. You can change the order of an category within a list as follows:
- Status. Status of category. Hover icon for informations.
- Title. The title of the category. Edit the category by clicking on the Title.
- Icons. Counts of number of Published, Unpublished, Archived and Trashed Articles in each Category. Click on a number to get a list of the categories.
- Access. The viewing Access Level for this category.
- Associations. Shows the associated categories. Click on the Language Code to open the category. Multilingual only.
- Language. Categories language, default is 'All'.
- ID. A unique identification number for this category, you cannot change this number.
Search bar. Near the top of the page you will see the search bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Search by Text. Enter part of the search term and click the Search icon. Hover to see a Tooltip indicating which fields will be searched.To 'Search by ID' enter "id:x", where "x" is the ID number (for example, "id:19").
- Filter Options. Click to display the additional filters.
- Clear. Click to clear the Filter field and restore the list to its unfiltered state.
- Ordering. Shows the current list ordering field. 2 ways to change the order:
- Select from the dropdown list. Ordering may be in ascending or descending order.
- Click a column heading. The column heading toggles between ascending and descending order.
- Number to Display. Shows the number of categories in a list. Select from the dropdown list to change the number displayed.The default for a site is '20' but this may be changed in the Global Configuration.
Near the top of the page you will see the filter bar shown in the Screenshot above.
- Select Status. Select from Trashed / Unpublished / Published / Archived / All.
- Select Access. Select from the list of available viewing access levels.
- Select Language. Select from the list of available languages.
- Select Tag. Select from the list of available tags.
- Select Max Levels. Select from the list of available levels.
Page Controls. When the number of categories is more than one page, you will see a page control bar near the bottom of the page shown in the Screenshot above. The current page number being viewed has a dark colour background.
- Start. Click to go to the first page.
- Prev. Click to go to the previous page.
- Page numbers. Click to go to the desired page.
- Next. Click to go to the next page.
- End. Click to go to the last page.
At the top of the page you will see the toolbar shown in the Screenshot above.
- New. Opens the editing screen to create a new category.
- Actions. Reveals a list of actions for selected categories. Check one or more categories checkboxes to activate the list.
- Publish. Makes the selected categories available to visitors to your website.
- Unpublish. Makes the selected categories unavailable to visitors to your website.
- Archive. Changes the status of the selected categories to indicate that they are archived. Learn more.
- Check-In. Checks-in the selected categories.
- Trash. Changes the status of the selected categories to indicate that they are trashed. Learn more.
- Batch. Batch processes the selected categories.
- Rebuild. Reconstructs and refreshes the categories table. Normally, you do not need to rebuild this table. This function is provided in case the data in the table becomes corrupted.
- Options. Opens Articles: Options.
- Help. Opens this help screen.
The Batch Process allows a change in settings for a group of selected categories.
How to Batch Process a group of categories:
- Select one or more categories on the list by checking the desired checkboxes.
- Click the Batch Toolbar button.
- Set one or more of the following values:
- To change the Language, select the desired language from the Set Language list box.
- To change the Access Levels, select the desired new access level from the Set Access Level list box.
- To change the Category, select a category. To leave the category unchanged, use the default value of 'Select'.
- To copy the categories to a different category, select the desired category from the category list box and check the Copy option. In this case, the original categories are unchanged and the copies are assigned to the new category and, if selected, the new language, access level, and tag.
- To move the categories to a different category, select the desired category from the category list box and check the Move option. In this case, the original categories will be moved to a new category and, if selected, be assigned the new language, access level, and tag.
- To add Tags, select the desired Tags from the dropdown or choose to keep the tags currently added to the original categories.
- When all of the settings are entered, click on Process to perform the changes. A message "Batch process completed successfully." will show.
- Click on the icon in the Status column to toggle between Published and Unpublished.
- This Portal brings together information related specifically to Joomla 4.
|Related Help Screens
|Used to set global defaults for menu items that display articles. These default values will be used when 'Use Global' is selected for an option in an Articles menu item.
|The Article list is used to find, mark featured, add and edit articles.
|This is where you can add and edit Articles. You can also select the Category for an Article and indicate whether or not it is Published and if it is selected to appear on the Front Page.
|Used to control which 'Featured Articles' are displayed on the Front Page and in what order they are displayed.
|The Articles Categories list is used to find, add, and edit articles categories.
|Menus: Archived Articles
|Shows a customised list of articles ordered by date or title. Archived articles are no longer published but are still stored on the site.
|Menus: Category Blog
|Used to show articles belonging to a specific Category in a blog layout. Controls the Leading Articles, Intro Articles and additional links to more Articles.
|Menus: Category List
|Used to show articles belonging to a specific Category in a list layout.
|Menus: Create Article
|Allows users to submit an article. Normally this is available only to users who have logged in to the Frontend of the site. Users must have permission to create articles.
|Menus: Featured Articles
|Used to show all Articles that have been tagged as Featured. Articles are shown in a Blog Layout.
|Menus: List All Categories in an Article Category Tree
|Used to show a hierarchical list of Categories. Depending on the selected options for this layout, you can click on a category Title to show the articles in that category.
|Menus: Single Article
|Used to show one article.