Install from Web
From Joomla! Documentation
The Joomla Install from Web feature was added as part of to make installing extensions from the Joomla! Extensions Directory (JED).
To enable it simply go into the Joomla Extension Manager and click on the notice at the top to install the extra plugin needed for it to function (Note there are known issues with Akeeba Backup hiding this message).
You can see a video walk through of the Install from web feature here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P33D24gNEUk
Information for Extension Developers
If you already have an extension on JED then you need to make a few small changes to get your extension working on the Joomla Extension Finder. Click Here for more information.
- 1.0.2 Initial released version with Joomla 3.2.0 Stable
- 1.0.3 Minor fix for translations escapings (server-side fix for "Sort by rating" to correspond to JED)
- 1.0.4 Minor addition for support of display of commercial/non-commercial "$" icon and for number of reviews and votes in category views (server-side: Same additions and fix of sorting in leaf-category view by rating to reflect JED sorting)
- 1.1.0 was a maintenance release of the plugin.
- 2.0.0 is an upgrade of the plugin's internal handling to be compatible with the core version of the plugin included in Joomla! 4.0. This version requires Joomla! 3.9 or 3.10 to be used. Please see https://github.com/joomla-extensions/install-from-web-client/releases/tag/2.0.0 for further details about this update.
2.0.1 is a maintenance release which restores JSONP support to address browser security changes. Please see https://github.com/joomla-extensions/install-from-web-client/releases/tag/2.0.1 for further details about this update.