Installing Joomla using an Auto Installer
(Redirected from Installing Joomla using an AutoInstaller)
Some hosting companies offer script installers for commonly used website software such as Joomla!. This allows someone to Install Joomla! on a hosting server easily. There is no need to create a database, upload files or configure the programs for use. All things are done by these "Auto Installers" with a small amount of interaction. This article covers two of the most commonly offered automatic script installers:
Most web host providers have either one of them.
- Login to your cPanel account.
- Then search for one of them in the Category 'Software / Services' and click on its icon or name.
- On the left hand side of Fantatsico there is a 'Content Management' Category under which Joomla! is there.
- Click on the 'New Installation' Link in the Joomla! Overview
- Fill in the various details and Submit. There will be some three odd steps. Just keep on clicking Submit!
Thats it you are done!
- In Softaculous there is a 'Portals/CMS' Category. Collapse the category and Joomla will be there. Softaculous supports only the latest version of Joomla.
- You will see an 'Install' TAB, Click it
- Fill in the various details. You will have an option to import Sample Data. This smaple data is the Sample Data given in Joomla.
- After completing the Details click on Submit.
Thats it you are done, Softaculous take only one step.
Its really fast to install and update using Auto Installers.