Menuitem parameter type
The "J1.5" namespace is an archived namespace. This page contains information for a Joomla! version which is no longer supported. It exists only as a historical reference, it will not be improved and its content may be incomplete and/or contain broken links.
|Parameters have been superseded by form fields in Joomla! 1.6. You may want to use the corresponding Menuitem form field type.|
The menuitem parameter type provides a drop down list of the available menu items from your Joomla site.
The first option on the list is always '- Select Item -' (which is a translatable string) and is given the value 0.
The first item on the list will always have the ' - Top' (which is a translatable string) appended to it.
- type (mandatory) must be menuitem.
- name (mandatory) is the unique name of the parameter.
- label (mandatory) (translatable) is the descriptive title of the field.
- default (optional) is the default menu item. Note that this is the ItemID number of the menu item.
- description (optional) (translatable) is text that will be shown as a tooltip when the user moves the mouse over the drop-down box.
- state (optional) determines whether all menu items are listed or only published menu items. If state is '0' then all menu items will be listed. If state is '1' then only published menu items will be listed.
Example XML parameter definition:
<param name="mymenuitem" type="menuitem" default="45" label="Select a menu item" description="Select a menu item" />