Creating a Plugin for Joomla
From Joomla! Documentation
Just a few things I noticed should be cleared up.
As you can see, the system is similar to other Joomla! XML installation files. You only have to look out for the group="xxx" entry in the <install> tag and the extended information in the <filename> tag. This information tells Joomla! into which folder to copy the file and to which group the plugin should be added.
The XML is indeed similar to the other 2.5 Joomla XML Installation Files, however;
- Note that the <install> tags are now <extension>
- Group type is <extension version="2.5" type="plugin" group="search"> instead of <install version=... >
Also, would be awesome to see an end plugin there, or an alternative tutorial such as Creating a Search Plugin - Bladeoz
- Thanks for pointing that out - must have missed that one when I was porting things over from the original Joomla 1.5 article.
- I am planning on adding some more articles like Creating a search plugin but we have lots of changes to make - so might take some time.
- Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated!!
- --Wilsonge (talk) 02:45, 8 July 2013 (CDT)