Plugin Joomla Update Notification
From Joomla! Documentation
The Joomla! Update Notification System Plugin periodically checks for the availability of new Joomla! versions. When an update is available this plugin will send an email to the system administrator, reminding you to update Joomla.
The emails sent by the Joomla! Update Notification System Plugin are intended to help keep your software up to date, which helps your website stay secure. It is recommended to install the update as soon as possible. See the Joomla! Security Checklist for more security tips.
- Enabled: When the plugin is enabled it will send email notifications when an update becomes available.
- Disabled: When the plugin is disabled, no emails will be sent.
Super User Emails
The email notification is sent only to users who have the Super User privilege. This field allows you to select which Super users will receive the email notifications.
- If left blank, all Super Users of the site will receive the update notification email.
- To select which Super Users receive the update notification enter the email addresses for the Super Users here. If there are multiple Super Users email addresses use a comma to separate them.
The notification can be sent in any language you have are using in your website.
- Auto (default) sends the update notification email in the default site language.
- Selecting a language other than Auto (default) forces the update notification emails to be sent in this specific language.
- To turn off Joomla! update email notifications simply disable the plugin.
- The email Subject and Body text can be modified using a Language String Override.
- Subject Language String: PLG_SYSTEM_UPDATENOTIFICATION_EMAIL_SUBJECT
- Body Language String: PLG_SYSTEM_UPDATENOTIFICATION_EMAIL_BODY