From Joomla! Documentation
This page lists enhancements and features added to the current version of Joomla! If you are logged into the Joomla! Docs wiki, you can watch this page for changes and updates as version enhancements are released. Just click the 'star' icon at the top to add this page to your watch list.
- 1 Joomla! 3.10
- 2 Joomla! 3.9
- 3 Joomla! 3.8
- 4 Joomla! 3.7
- 5 Joomla! 3.6
- 6 Joomla! 3.5
- 7 Joomla! 3.4
- 8 Joomla! 3.3
- 9 Joomla! 3.2
- 10 Joomla! 3.1
- 11 Joomla! 3.0
- The bridge to Joomla! 4
- Joomla! 3.10 is the bridge between the major versions 3 and 4.
- Joomla 3.10 stable is primarily a release containing backports of API changes from the Joomla 4.0 to help ease the transition to the next major release for the community.
- Joomla! 3.10 comes with the pre-update checker to allow you to check the compatibility with the Joomla 4.0 minimum requirements in terms of the current hosting environment and, more importantly, your installed extensions. This will help you to prepare your upgrade to Joomla 4.0 smoothly.
- Joomla 3.10 will be supported with security patches until 17.08.2023.
- See the list on new features/improvements on GitHub
Joomla! 3.9 comes with more than 250 improvements.
The main features are:
- The Privacy Tool Suite Extensions
- Privacy System - This is the heart of law and regulation related capabilities and provides several subsystems which will help with the compliance of your Joomla websites. Among other things, you’ll be able to display a consent checkbox on your forms, export and/or remove personal data further to an information request and check the privacy related capabilities of extensions.
- Action Logging System - This system provides an infrastructure to create an audit log of activity performed on a website and can be fine tuned to the site admin's preferences. You’ll be able to review the action log, export it and purge the entries.
- Other Features
- Google Invisible reCAPTCHA implemented
- Support of Argon2id Password
- Multilingual sites: Toolbar button to edit associations, propagate existing associations, display tags per language
- Add notes to articles in the backend
- Search for a specific article content
- Load a module by ID
Joomla! 3.8 有超過 300 個增強改良。
- New Routing System - The new routing system gives users more control over their URL structure, including the often requested ability to remove IDs from URLs - See also New Routing System
- Joomla! 4 Compatibility Layer - The development of Joomla! 4 has made some changes in how the core code is structured by migrating classes to use PHP namespaces. Joomla! 3.8 includes a mapping layer to allow developers to use the older class names while being able to take advantage of the new class name structure.
- Improved Sample Data Installation - It is now possible to install sample data within your site backend after finishing the installation process, allows users to create their own generic data sets or extension developers to provide easy-to-install sample data for their extensions
- Sodium Encryption Support - PHP 7.2 introduces the new sodium extension for processing encrypted data, through a polyfill of this library Joomla! 3.8 makes this new API available for all of our users even before they upgrade to PHP 7.2
Joomla! 3.7 迎來了超過 700 多個改良更新。
- Custom Fields: Up to 15 different type available (lists, text fields, dates...) to create custom fields for articles, users and contacts. See also Managing Custom Fields
- Multilingual Associations Component: Translation of the content can now be done directly from one interface. See also the Multilingual Associations Component Tutotrial
- Backend Menu Manager: Create, edit and organise the backend menu links to display different administration menus according to user groups.
- Improved workflow: Create a menu item, an article and a category in one step.
- Extension Maintenance: Extension developers can set a flag in the package manifest of their extension to prevent from uninstalling the component, modules, and plugins separately
- TinyMCE Improvements: New buttons added to the toolbar, customisation improved ...
See the list on new features on GitHub
Joomla! 3.6 迎來了超過 400 個改良更新。
- Show all menu items: Organise, list and filter all existing menu items on one page
- Menu type ACL: Access control for managing menu types
- Improved UX: Speed up workflow through administrative UX improvements
- Categories on the fly: Add new categories without leaving the item editor
- Subform field: New field type offers new possibilities for developers
- Improved Joomla! Updates: One-click core system reinstall and package upload updating.
- 支援 PHP 7
- 可透過 Email 通知更新
- 在分類管理中加入項目計數(+ click through filter)
- Random category blog and list order view.
- Decoupling com_weblinks,
- Composer Integration,
- No CAPTCHA reCAPTCHA,
- Core en-GB standardisation
- Content version control
- Many user interface improvements
- Easy multi-lingual setup for 64 officially supported languages
- Built-in Joomla! Extensions Finder as an onsite interface to the Joomla! Extensions Directory (that currently lists over 8000 extensions) providing one-click extensions installation
- Increased security with strong passwords and two step authentication
- New rapid development framework for new extension coding
- Added note form field
- Show logs in debug console
- Refactor installation to use new application and MVC classes
- Added pagination in COM_SEARCH component
- Added triggers on save for com_config
- JPlugin autoloadLanguage property
- Added SQL Server subclass for FinderIndexer
- Media wiki package
- OpenStreetMap package
- UNION ALL feature
The following information below is from the Joomla! 3 Introduction site.
Joomla! takes a big leap into the mobile space with a total overhaul of both its frontend design and administrator interface. With the adoption of the Bootstrap framework, Joomla! has become the first major CMS to be mobile ready in both the visitors and administrator areas. Now every website can have mobile friendly content for visitors and mobile friendly tools for administrators.
- Fully Responsive Site Template
- Fully Responsive Admin UI
- Fully Responsive Core Output
Joomla administration has a brand new look and feel, built with the power of Bootstrap responsive framework, along with a touch of the awesome UI/UX work of the Joomla JUX team. Joomla comes ready to go and fully responsive for mobile devices, tablets, and normal computer screens. The entire backend of Joomla has a brand new look and feel that will improve your workflow with any type of device.
- New User Friendly Interface
- Streamlined 30 Second Install
- Refined Admin User Experience
- Build a Component with Zero CSS
- Style a Site with 1 CSS File
- Icomoon Font Icon
- jQuery & Mootools
Whole Lot More
Joomla! 3.0 is a whole new exciting world. We took a little from the top, bottom, and side to create a whole brand new look and feel, along with many features under the hood features that bring Joomla to the forefront of the content management system world.
- Extensive work on code style standardisation and consistency
- Incorporation of Bootstrap into a jui media package.
- A new responsive administrator template Isis and interface.
- A new frontend template Protostar built using Bootstrap and updated accessible template called Beez3
- PostgreSQL Driver. You will be able to run Joomla 3.0 sites using the PostgreSQL database.
- PHP Memcached Driver
- Use of JFeed for feed management rather than SimplePie
- Installation of language packages directly from the extension manager
- Guest user group present by default
- Saving blank articles allowed
- New administrator statistics module
- Update TinyMCE to version 3.5.6
- Continued clean up of older unused code, files and database fields and tables and improved standardization of tables.
- Improvements to Smart Search
- Unit testing in the CMS
- Updated system tests in the CMS
Launch a free and fully functional Joomla website at https://launch.joomla.org