J4.x:How to use the new Media Manager/Managing Folders
From Joomla! Documentation
How to access
- Go to Media Manager as detailed in "Accessing Media Manager".
You can create and delete folders within the directories used by Media Manager for images and files. The default directory for both images and files is
images/. These directories can be changed in Media Manager's Options.
Creating a folder
- Select the parent folder (under which the new folder should be created) from the directory tree shown under LOCAL (see #1 in Screenshot 1 below). If the new folder should be created at the top level of Media Manager, skip this step.
- Click the Create New Folder button (see #2 in Screenshot 1 below).
- In the "Create New Folder" popup window, enter a name for the folder in the "Folder Name" field (see #1 in Screenshot 2 below).
- Click the Create button (see #2 in Screenshot 2 below).
- The new folder will appear in Media.
Deleting a folder
Warning: In Joomla! 4.x, deleting a folder will also delete all contents of the folder!
- Browse to the parent directory of the folder to be deleted using the directory tree shown under LOCAL (see #1 in Screenshot 1 below).
- Focus on the folder to be deleted, and select the check box to the upper left of the folder (see #3 in Screenshot 1 below).
- Click the Delete button (see #4 in Screenshot 1 below).
- Confirm deletion by clicking the Delete button in the "Confirm Delete" popup window.
- Screenshot 1: Managing folders in Media Manager
- Screenshot 2: "Create New Folder" popup window